Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No Emails

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Cameron
Star
Star

I have never received emails and I get sporadic Android app notifications on motion detection. I have tried multiple email addresses at multiple domains to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

In the SETTINGS/ RULES section should be listed your camera names...

If you edit the camera at the bottom of page there is the section for email alert... "to this list"..... make sure your proper email address is checked off ( on pc it's green )...

hit SAVE after to make sure its proper locked on...

hope this helps.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Cameron
Star
Star

Entered multiple email addresses to different domains on both cameras in the rules section and checked some emails on some off to get them to work. Never got an email from the system at any email address. I also run my own mail server so none of these are going into a "spam" folder either. 

BrianD
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Cameron,

Have you confirmed your email address already? You will need to do this in order to receive email alerts. To confirm your email address please follow the instructions below:

1. Login to your Arlo account from your device.

2. Click or tap SETTINGS.

3. Click or tap Personal Information under 'account settings'.

4. Under your user ID, it will ask you to confirm your email. Click this to have a confirmation email sent to your provided email address.

5. Go to your email and open this confirmation letter. Click the link provided in the email to complete registration.

You will now receive email alerts! Please let me know if you are still having trouble after completing these instructions.

Thank you,

Brian

Arlo Team

csommer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi 

I'm having the same issues.  I've tried adding in the sms text alerts via the instructions provided.  Would allow me to add them into the alert settings but after I saved and then went back in to check and see if they were there, they we not.  

Ever since I updated my software, the email alerts stopped.

I've made sure I've followed every instruction and accepted and verified my email, etc.

Lost.

csommer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've also taken time to reset the device and cameras.  I'm reading all the posts to get familiar with the system but this seems to have me stumped.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

csommer wrote:snip   .  I've tried adding in the sms text alerts via the instructions provided.  Would allow me to add them into the alert settings but after I saved and then went back in to check and see if they were there, they we not. 

snip

Have you made sure to SAVE after changing alert info....  If you don't SAVE after change when backing out the info will not remain.

Morse is faster than texting!
snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

csommer wrote:

I've also taken time to reset the device and cameras.  I'm reading all the posts to get familiar with the system but this seems to have me stumped.

Hi @csommer 

Just checking if you confirmed your account's email address?

The confirmation link was in the original email sent by Arlo when you first registered your account.

David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

csommer wrote:

Hi 

I'm having the same issues.  I've tried adding in the sms text alerts via the instructions provided.  Would allow me to add them into the alert settings but after I saved and then went back in to check and see if they were there, they we not.  

Ever since I updated my software, the email alerts stopped.

I've made sure I've followed every instruction and accepted and verified my email, etc.

Lost.

Hello csommer,

I have a question. Did you make any changes to your modes? Meaning have you renamed them? If you have not please try deactivating your base station from your account and claiming it again.

Steps:

Log into your Arlo account > Settings > Base Station settings > Deactivate > Log out

Log back in > Settings > subscription > Scroll down > Add base station.

Check and make sure all email setting are correct and test again. You will need to re-sync your cameras again after this process. Let me know if this helped.

The Arlo Team

David Simpson