Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Harley1650
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought this Arlo 3 camera system VMB3500 base on Black Friday. I've hooked it up correctly and the app recognizes the correct serial number. When I name it and continue, it displays "No Arlo devices found". Other people have this same issue as I searched it here in the community. I've reset the base several times, checked settings and no other devices are there. I have an account but whatever I do I still get the same message. I have the ethernet directly into my modem and have ATT Uverse. Seems like I've wasted my money. Any help is appreciated

10 REPLIES 10
luislugo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same exact thing happened and tech support not able to assist. I spoke with a representative who was rude and advised I need to purchase the plans there is no basic plan free. Called back and was informed they do have the free basic plan. Have not been able to use since I bought at Black Friday. Please help.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Try and do the setup using the web interface https://arlo.netgear.com

If you can see the serial number in the app it suggests that you have already claimed the base?

I assume that you have 2 green lights on on the base, power and internet?

If all else fails reset the base and start over

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-base-station-to-the-default-values

Harley1650
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reset it probably 10 times. I tried using the website rather than the app with the same results. I do have two green lights when powered on and ethernet connected

Harley1650
Aspirant
Aspirant

What do you mean "claimed the base"? There is no where in settings to remove anything and it doesnt show up in my devices

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Make sure that your app/computer is on the same network as the base.

Select base station and wait for it to find and detect the base. Once detected start adding the cameras.

Harley1650
Aspirant
Aspirant

The base, app and website from my laptop are on the same network as I only have one network in my house. Again, when I get to the point to continue after naming it is says the same thing

Streak2
Master Master
Master

So the app finds the base and prompts you to rename it and the once you do it says no devices found?

That's is strange. In case there is some kind of quirk with naming it. Just leave it as the default name.

Harley1650
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did leave the name as the default. I named it numerous different things

Harley1650
Aspirant
Aspirant

I meant to say, I left it as default, and I also renamed it numerous different names

Streak2
Master Master
Master

See this post. Seems some 3500 bases, specially those from Walmart are giving some grief.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/VMB3500-Arlo-Base-Station-power-light-stuck-on-amber/td-p/1668082

I would exchange it if you can or call support quoting the above issue and get them to intervene.