Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
ervb618
Follower
Follower

Just purchased this camera and it does not work on night mode. All I receive on the live feed is a black screen. The red sensor does come on and works perfect during the day.  (FYI the distance is not far at all, I am not trying to see too far away.)
I have done some research and this is what I have done...NOTHING has worked: completely removed the device and added it back on, reset the base station, checked all settings and switched night mode on and off, removed the batteries and re-synced.

Please advise. VERY disappointed since I don't even receive notifications of movement unless the camera itself is moved.

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ervb618,

Given the troubleshooting you have already completed. I recommend you contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

@ervb618 wrote:

Just purchased this camera and it does not work on night mode. All I receive on the live feed is a black screen. The red sensor does come on and works perfect during the day.  (FYI the distance is not far at all, I am not trying to see too far away.)
I have done some research and this is what I have done...NOTHING has worked: completely removed the device and added it back on, reset the base station, checked all settings and switched night mode on and off, removed the batteries and re-synced.

Please advise. VERY disappointed since I don't even receive notifications of movement unless the camera itself is moved.

Have you solved your problem? And how?

---Svein Olsen, Oslo, Norway---
(...and I hope Google translater do it well...!)
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Sveinolse,

What is the issue you are experiencing with your device? 

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

@ShayneS wrote:

Sveinolse,

What is the issue you are experiencing with your device? 

It is probably the same as everyone else in the forum experiences; black screen at night, or red screen during the daytime.  I have followed many discussions here now and have read and tried different solutions.  I still have trouble with the camera ... or the cameras. I have 2 that have the same problem.

Rjgibbons5
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue. Multiple battery changes, connect, reconnect, rebooting system and firmware is newest version. I have done everything you’ve listed, same results. This is very frustrating. I’d say “any help would be appreciated,” but actually I’d just like to see the issue fixed.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sveinolse wrote:

It is probably the same as everyone else in the forum experiences; black screen at night, or red screen during the daytime.  I have followed many discussions here now and have read and tried different solutions.  I still have trouble with the camera ... or the cameras. I have 2 that have the same problem.

Black video at night and red images during the day are two very different issues. The former can be caused by night vision being turned off or camera positioning (the IR LEDs don't throw very far) while the latter is a stuck IR filter which may be cleared by opening and closing the battery door.

Post screenshots of the issue with black videos from both day and night. ANd if the red camera is still stuck, open a case with support here since that's the only way to get faulty hardware replaced. A user forum like this will never get you new parts.

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

Now, both cameras have been left without batteries for one week. Should be interesting to see if they have reset itself and can be used again ...