Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Night vision not working at all ?

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Richdiver
Tutor
Tutor

Hi ...

My two arlo cameras have been working great until now. My rear camera seams to work fine during the day and the picture is great, however on an evening the night vision does not even come on, no IR lights , nothing. Ive tried rebooting , new batteries etc but still no joy. I wondered if anybody could help please ? 

Ive had the arlo system in place since june. I therefore was wondering is it under a guarantee or warranty etc ??? 

Thanks 

Kind Regards - Richard

28 REPLIES 28
EaglesNest
Tutor
Tutor
I have exact same issue.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Details of what you see and have tried.
EaglesNest
Tutor
Tutor

I bought 4 pack system from BB for Christmas for home insalled on Jan 2 or 3rd.....Immediately had one camera (1) over garage/droveway location that had constant red tint during daytime.  After browsing here and reading suggestions I have to physically get on ladder and remove camera from fixed mount and shut off, remove batteries, re-install batteries and turn on again.

This usually fixes the issue and the picture returns to normal HD quality with normal color perspective consistent with other cameras on system.  this problem continues to occur and now requires occasional light tapping of the unit on the palm / soft part of hand.  Their is an audible click it seems for the night vision filter to turn on and off I suspect.

Regardless, I want to return exchange this camera for replacement - a $500 investment should not require climbing a ladder once a week to manually turn off, uninstall batteries, soft tap and restart and pray again.

Video of my system issue/ red tint here:   https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/85CEB709F930BDDA_201704

Video of normal camera color rendition here: https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/BF71E7BE120163E2_201704

Screenshot of Library:  2017-04-04 00_29_45-#_calendar_201704_20170403_day -.png

Note time of day is minutes apart and Red Tint on driveway cam / Color differences

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

EaglesNest,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC