Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
ZMan1141
Aspirant
Aspirant
<p>Has anyone had this problem?&nbsp;</p>
<p>All the suddon if i use any of my 5 cameras at night. &nbsp;The IR Lights come on as they are supposed to.</p>
<p>But when I turn off the camera, the night vision lights don't turn off any more. &nbsp;I hit the pause video button, the Video Stops but IR STICKS ON.</p>
<p>&nbsp;I have to reboot the ARLO Router.</p>
<p>Or reboot my Main Router to makes the IR Lights go off.</p>
<p>Im afraid this will kill the Batteries very Quickly if left on?&nbsp;</p>
<p>Any Ideas?</p>
20 REPLIES 20
Rickie
Guide
Guide
I am having the same problem. Started a couple of nights ago after running flawlessly
Rickie
Guide
Guide
Seems server response has slowed down a lot in the last couple days. Is there a server issue at arlo??
MsTa
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here after 2 months of perfect.
MsTa
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just cleared up without rebooting. Will keep close watch.
Rickie
Guide
Guide
Still doing it. Can someone from arlo please tell us Why this happening. I'm ready to pack these up and return the whole thing. Very frustrating.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rickie,

Is this happening on more than one camera? Or is it isolated to a single camera?

JamesC

Rickie
Guide
Guide
Sometimes it's both and sometimes it's one. They do come around but very slow. Almost like server lag. They were working perfect up until a couple days ago.
bpg710
Guide
Guide
I'm having this same issue. My system works but if I view live feed the camera seems to get stuck. It will not switch off once the stop button is pushed and live feed has stopped. I can turn off lights and night vision switches on even though camera is not recording. I noticed this a few days ago. I have to manually reset base to fix it. Reset base button thru Android app greys out after any camera is accessed thru live feed. As far as I can tell, system functions properly as long as I don't view any cameras live feed but that unacceptable. Netgear, PLEASE FIX THIS!!!
DeadReckoner
Tutor
Tutor

Happening to me also. The issue is draining the batteries since the night vision lights stay on.

Rickie
Guide
Guide
Wish netgear would at least address that they are having an issue and that they are working on a fix. I'm about ready to return these cameras to best buy. Not what I expected when I purchased these. This issue has been happening since the 29th
MsTa
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have been able to change grey man to green after my cameras (2 out of 4) have been stuck by powering down my Note Edge and restarting. Have done this 3 times.
AllEyesOnYou
Guide
Guide
First time posting, but have been reading here and owning the Arlo system for about 5 months. I have been experiencing this same issue for the past couple of days, with the cameras not knowing that they are supposed to shut off. In other words, the live viewing is still happening even after I click pause. The "frozen" picture isn't new, it's old. This happens on all of my 5 cameras, yet all 5 sometimes will also shut off and put the correct picture up. But normally it is only the first one that is paused that works, and then the others get stuck. Last night I figured it out by just logging in, not using the app...and it worked like a charm. Fast, accurate, stop, start and paused with the new frozen picture. I believe that it is something wrong in the app, and I would suggest everyone try logging in through a browser and seeing if it works properly from there. Then I would suggest Netgear looks into fixing the app. Sorry for the novel of a post, hope this helps in the long run though.
Rickie
Guide
Guide
How do you log in on your phone without the app? I tried using my browser and it wants me to download the app.
AllEyesOnYou
Guide
Guide

https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login

Of course that is from an actual computer, when you try to use a "mobile browser", it does try to make you use the app. But you can click the "menu" of your browser on that page (in the corner...the options) and then click "request desktop site". You can log in, but there might be problems with the viewing of the live feeds...as mine says "A Newer Version Of Adobe Flash Player Is Required". Adobe is a pain, and it didn't seem to want to download the version that was right for my phone...so I decided against it out of fear of screwing up my phone. I then made a screename and signed on here to finally talk to everyone and hopefully help get these problems solved.

DeadReckoner
Tutor
Tutor

Hmmm, I uninstalled and re- installed the IOS app. IR lights go out as expected now. Tested on multiple cameras but not completely convinced the issue is resolved. Time and more testing will tell.

AllEyesOnYou
Guide
Guide
I actually did nothing different since my last post...at all. No install/re-install, no app removal, no clear cache...nothing. And as I am knocking on wood as I type this, all 5 cameras have been working correctly since Sunday afternoon. I have no idea why...squeaky wheel gets the grease?...but who greased it? Let me rephrase that; It's not that they are working correctly, it's that they aren't currently malfunctioning in any way that I know of. Superstitious ways...
DeadReckoner
Tutor
Tutor

Interesting that all is well now. Me re-installing the app might just be a coincidence.

ZMan1141
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hmmm,
Something is going on on Arlo's end
(Server Overload or something).
Cameras are now shutting off as they should. Most of the time. Some times there is a slight delay (few seconds) which I can understand.
There were no software or firmware updates that I'm aware of.
dfresh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was this issue resolved? I seem to be having this same problem.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To much time from the last post to compare - new firmware, etc. If you're having issues with night vision, try toggling the current setting, being sure to save afterwards.  Then toggle back and save.  That's all I've ever had to do.