Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Night Vision

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ILS142
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have read that the night vision is automatic, but mine doesn't seem to be working.  I have one of my camers in my living room, and when the klights are off it is totalllly dar and won;t pick up anythig?

Can anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Activate the camera when it's dark (use the Camera window and click on the arrow in the middle of the image displayed for the camera) and go into the room.  The IR illuminators should be glowing red, not bright but visible.  Are they on? Can you see yourself if they are on? If so, try recording (Modes, All Motion On or use the record button when on the above Camera screen). That should give you more information.

ILS142
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey thanks for the reply.  I walk into the room and I cannnot see myself on the camers its dar.  No night vision at all.  The red lights are on the camera when I push the arrow on the camera screen.

?

ILS142
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the camera between books on a book shelf.  It does look like the books (side of the you can see) are white, but stright ahead in the room where the camera is pointing is completely dark.  When I go in front of the camera I cannot see myself.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Well, if the IR illuminators surrounding the lens are on, that part works.  Can you record videos with normal light?  You may need to swap cameras between locations to help nail down whether you have a defective camera.

ILS142
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the hlep it works now.

It wasn't working because the camera was set back to far between the books.  It has to be towards the front.