Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Dead Post Firmware Upgrade

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
bob1blanch
Follower
Follower

While in the process of replacing batteries in an outdoor camera (yes - sub freezing temp - low battery showing most likely incorrectly), i interupted the firmware update and now the camera is completely non-responsive. I have taken batteries out several times in an attempt to "hard reset" - no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thank you. All 11 of the others updated just fine.

Bob

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried REMOVING the camera from the system and then reset and resync??

Pull batteries of camera then;

Settings... SYSTEM SETTINGS...CAMERA ORDER...Click on "X" in front of camera name to remove...answer yes to continue.

Once camera removed, add batteries and then try to add it back to system as per originally. ( resync )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello bob1blanch,

I have sent you a private message.

neil3354
Aspirant
Aspirant

I ran into the same problem tonight. One camera is completely dead after an upgrade and I tried replacing batteries a number of times. No luck.

WildBill
Guide
Guide
I just had a similar problem, my battery door open mid sync update. If you have no LEDs after good battery install, it is toast. They sent me a replacement camera under warranty. I tried every thing that was suggested to no avail.
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon neil3345,

I can confirm, if the update process was interrupted (lost power) at any point the camera may be stuck in a bad state. Does this sounds like potentially what happened? If not, I would be interested to hear more about your specific scenario when the camera was updating so we can try and replicate it in house.

In any case, I'll open a support case for you to start the RMA process.

I look forward to your update.

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Hurricane75
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same thing happened to me, please advise on what to do, system is 2 days old
dmitry
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same with me. One camera is down after interrupted firmware update. No lights, totaly inresponsible.

What can I do to make it back to work?

neil3354
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not much you can do. Contact them and they will send you a replacement with a return label for your dead camera.

I am really hoping they fix this issue. I am not buying any more cameras until they come out with a new version that doesn't get bricked on an update.

JohanF
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just received a new (second) camera today, and while installing, i removed the batteries. I did not notice the camera was actually upgrading. Guess what? It was dead when i tried again. Nothing helped, it did not want to re-synch, no Led...dead. While talking to support, they provided me a means to get it back to life. And it worked! There's actually a USB port on the device, and while connecting it directly to my PC is came back to life, performed the upgrade seamlessly, and now it is working like a charm again. So, great product, great support! No need to send it back again....

JohanF
Aspirant
Aspirant

See my post...i think you should connect it via a USB cable, and have it upgrade or initiate again via that way. Support should be able to help you out!

dmitry
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's pretty easy to fix that issue without disassembling and contacting the support. There is a hidden micro-usb port under the battery lid. 

Plug usb<->micro-usb cable in and wait  for 5 minutes. Then press "sync" button and check if you see diode blinking. If you see orange light - wait until it turns to blue or off.

That helper me to recover my camera.
See attached images for location of camera usb.

IMG_20150530_152757.jpgIMG_20150530_152757.jpg