Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Harms_Way
Tutor
Tutor

So far nothing but positive results all around and up to this point with this product. I installed my new Arlo 2 camera set up today, followed the instructions to the T and enjoyed all day views. Heres the problem - once night fell I went to check and see how the cameras look at night. Low and behold, the front door was camera was working flawlessly and the infrareds where working when viewed... But I noticed the back door camera was not. The camera is on and working, but the infrareds were not showing in "Night Vision" like the front door? Can anyone give me a hand with the second camera, I would love for it to work like the one at the front door if possible.

Here is a screen capture of what I see. The image on the left is camera at the front door (Infrareds on and working) - the one on the right is the camera at the backdoor (Camera is on but no Infrareds working so its pitch black)

38 REPLIES 38
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You did read the posts above, right? Lots of info how to contact support.
bmartin42071
Guide
Guide

Lots of info on contacting support? My wife just spent and hour trying to figure out how to contact support. I spent 2 hours this morning. No body w ill chat, noone until you responds to email and no phone number is listed in spite of a "call us" at the bottom of page. What is the phone number? Why won't one of 2 cameras function at night?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
From the link above, the USv would call (408)-638-3750
jish
Aspirant
Aspirant

This worked for me as well!  And after I disabled, I went right back and re-enabled pan/zoom and it worked just fine.  This is just my first day with the camera, hopefully it will continue to work as expected.

Karp30534
Tutor
Tutor
I've been having this issue as well. I've done everything within these forums that I can find: pop the battery door, try a different location, delete the camera then re-sync/add back, disable pan and zoom, reset, you name it. After a lengthy chat with Support, they are telling me the failure to flip to Night Mode is due to my Upload Speed. During a Speed Test, we determined the UL was less than the minimum requirement (1 mbps). I still don't understand what that has to do with the camera failing to flip to Nigjt Mode but Support was confident that was the root cause. Still not convinced.
shakenbake27
Tutor
Tutor

Hi just having issues with constanct notifications at night and am trying everything to get them to stop. I noticed this post about disabling pan, zoom and tilt but am unable to find anything on how to do so. Can you walk me through the steps on disabling pan, zoom and tilt please??

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Pan and zoom iks in Settings, My Devices, your camera. However, you don't "disable" it - you simply leave it at full view.
F150Fan
Star
Star
@shakenbake27
Did you ever get your issue with notifications resolved? If not, is it Push Notifications or Email Alerts (resolving both is a similar process)?
Rondok
Aspirant
Aspirant

When my night vision stopped suddenly... I tried going into the app and turning off the camera for a minute or two.

I the signed back in, turned the camera back on....went into video settings  and turned on NIGHT VISION..

It worked!!!!!

Hope it works for you...

Karp30534
Tutor
Tutor
Yeah. I've tried that too. It's worked a few times but for the past 2-3 weeks I'm still having to flip the battery door open at least twice a week. Am probably going to have to take the set back. At least I got them at Costco so I can exchange them!
Psk1969
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for pan and tilt advice. Reset this and night vision worked perfectly. How annoying.... stupid design. 

MJK1959 wrote:

Just got off the line with support.  Disable pan and zoom and viola...night vision works great.

paulwicker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Really? Still working ok after that chnage? Mine seems to work after i reset batteries but then a few night later it's back to the black screen. 

Karp30534
Tutor
Tutor

paulwicker wrote:

Really? Still working ok after that chnage? Mine seems to work after i reset batteries but then a few night later it's back to the black screen. 

Same for me.  I ended up just changing out the camera with the one I have inside the house.  I literally have spent hours and hours (at this point all probably adds up to a day or two) trying to correct the problem.  The camera I put in its place has worked fine with no issues (knock on wood) which leads me to believe it had NOTHING to do with what Support orignially said which was the "Upload Speed wasn't sufficient".  I have a total of 5 cameras and this is the ONLY one that does this.  This is also why I exchanged the first set I bought last November.  So annoying.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Getting bad hardware replaced requires a case with support. Rather than fighting with the hardware, insist that support replace it.