Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Newbie question

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sara8891
Aspirant
Aspirant
Spoiler
I am new to having a camera system at my house. I didn't realize I needed to have a subscription to get assistance with my current issue. Please someone help me out I will add more details when asked.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sara8891 wrote:
Please someone help me out I will add more details when asked.
  1. What camera models do you have?
  2. If you have a base/smarthub - what model is it?
  3. What specific problem(s) are you experiencing?
Sara8891
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't remember the model off hand it's an Arlo pro I believe it's because I had to exchange the original one I bought because it wasn't working correctly and it was under warranty through the store still. It doesn't hold a charge at all. I have a back up battery so if charging doesn't work it's supposed to work with the battery but it's completely dead. I am also trying to access a video I saved onto my phone not in the app but to my phone and it's nowhere to be found. I didn't also realize I had to pay a subscription to keep up with chat and unfortunately I cannot afford to pay the subscription at the moment due to being out of work. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sara8891 wrote:

I can't remember the model off hand it's an Arlo pro I believe it's because I had to exchange the original one I bought because it wasn't working correctly and it was under warranty through the store still. 

Do you recall approximately when you purchased?

If the camera opens, you can remove it from the housing and then remove the battery.  You'll find a label inside.

@Sara8891 wrote:

I have a back up battery so if charging doesn't work it's supposed to work with the battery but it's completely dead. 

Do you mean a spare battery? Or something else?