Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New user account problem

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
ARLOUSER44
Follower
Follower

I can't get past the system setup page when trying to create a new account and after syncing the cameras. the first 3 light are green on the box and it's connected to the internet. Not sure what's wrong?

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ARLOUSER44,

If the power and internet LEDs are solid green that means the device is on and connected to the internet. As long as the device you are using to set up is also on the same network as the base station you should see the serial number of the base station populate when you click New System Setup. Are you getting any error messages when trying to set up the device?  Please let us know!

JamesC

kevin00
Tutor
Tutor
I'm having this same issue. I can't get past the new system setup on the arlo app.
DK3740
Initiate
Initiate
Uhg. Same. Just purchased this and can not get past the get started page. 10 minutes, hardly. Please help!
kevin00
Tutor
Tutor
I solved the issue by hard resetting the base station. I hope it works out for you.
Harb
Aspirant
Aspirant
James, when I open my Arlo app it asks me to login,. I login I have the correct name and the correct password, but, at the top it says we do not recognize your email address please try another one.
Harb
Aspirant
Aspirant
It did let me sign in this in time. I am going to use the book and try to make it work this time.
Areno
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can't get past the log in screen and have re set the base. I get all green lights for the first three as well and it just keeps looking for the device.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Areno,

The device used during setup must be connected to the same network as the base station. is the device you are using to go through setup on the same network as the Arlo base station?

JamesC