Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Dottie09
Aspirant
Aspirant

The new application upgrade is not comparable with our iPhone 4 is there a patch?  

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No.  Older OSes will eventually get eliminated from the supported device list.  Make sure your phones have the latest OS available.

You can use a mobile browser instead with limitations.  Using the browser, go to https://arlo.netgear.com and use the browser menu to use the desktop version.  This gives you most functionality with the exception of anything that uses Flash (e.g. live view).

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it just not working or is it stating non-compatible ?

May be like the Kindle...worked till an upgrade and poof,  app would state 'you are not connected to internet" . never worked since ,hope not.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Dottie09
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you but ARLO's upgrade has made our phones incompatible with the app. We bought this system with our phones working fine and now we can no longer use this system  we are no posting warnings on all Arlo products for sale. No ONE should pay this much for a system and have the company make the product useless with upgrades.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Before you jump, have you attempted to contact Netgear Support and ask the main source??

Morse is faster than texting!
Dottie09
Aspirant
Aspirant

Spent 30 min on hold yesterday for Arlo tech and then 20 min with a tech told me ios 8.0 minim and he could not lead me to a site 2 download the upgrade for my phone finally told me I have 2 contact iphone.  I contacted iphone tech within 5 mins he told me iphone 4 cannot be upgraded above 7.6.2.  Tried calling Arlo tech back hold time was now 40 min....Will try them again today but still will make every attempt to prevent others from throwing their money away on products they may not be able to use in less than 18 months. Companies cannot do this to consumers we paid $499.00 + tax for this system and now we have to buy new phones.  Something needs 2 be done about companies like this.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

To be fair to Netgear, Apple don't support the iPhone 4 any more either

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

More specifically, Netgear and virtually any other manufacturer drop support for older devices/OSes as time goes on. There's nothing new about this process.

Dottie09
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes but Apple notified all their customers in a timely matter and it did not affect the safety of our families and belonging. We did not wake up one day and have no access to our home security system!!!!!!!!!!  We now have 2 choices dump the system or buy Brand new phones, if we buy used next year this company can upgrade out how many iphones???? Very BAD business!

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you access it through Safari?

It's not Netgear's fault Apple won't allow you to update your iOS. 6.5 years is ancient in the scheme of smartphones. You could pick up super cheap iPhone 4S if you want but obviously you'll run into exactly the same problem again much sooner than if you had a current phone, even a cheaper Android phone

Dottie09
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's netgears fault we were not properly notified of the issue!!!  END of STORY!  Yes buying a 4s would not be a smart ideal we would have to buy a 7 only way ensure our family will not be placed in danger in the near future!!.