Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New update old problems

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Why is it that every time Netgear makes an update old problems reoccur. I was one of the victims of ghost recording which is every time I open the app on my iPhone or iPad 1 of my cameras activates a recording. This problem is widely reported and Netgear has the usual no response. I solved the problem by changing my base unit (I had a spare) and when changing the base I used the year old firmware that was installed and refused firmware upgrades. When I received the email last week about the " mandatory firmware and app update" I allowed the firmware to be updated. Guess what? Ghost recordings are back and my damn cameras are now suddenly not recording.
CONCLUSION: Allowing a firmware update from Netgear is like allowing yourself to get a haircut from a Barber school. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOUR GOING TO GET.
3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Showguy,

I have escalated this concern. I know I have asked in the past but can you confirm that this is only happening when you sign in to the app and not when logging in to the web ui?

JamesC

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

James, it happens on both iOS app and all pc browsers.  It seems to be narrowed down to 1 camera.  I am going to take the camera off the system tomorrow.  If the problem stops I think I may have a defective camera, although this problem did stop when I changed a defective base and was running off old firmware. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Showguy,

If you could provide me in a private message with the serial number of the camera that you believe to be causing the issue that may help our engineers zero in on what may be causing the problem.

JamesC