New to Arlo, need some help

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dllcm
Follower
Follower

I picked up a used Arlo wireless set, two cameras and the base station.  I am running firmware 1.2.10342 on both cameras.  I have one put in the inside corner of my garage about 6.5 feet up, it can capture my whole garage very well.  I just put up my other on the corner of my shop next to my garage, my camera is up about 9 foot and angled down towards my driveway and I can see all the way up o the end of my driveway andf the street.   I have turned the sensitivity up to 100 but it just seems weak, the garage camera has three bars of signal on my app and the other one shows two of three.   I would like to capture people coming up my drive but the way it is now the outside camera isnt straight on with my drive and it isnt being triggered.  I am thinking about moving it to the side of my house on my kitchern side which is parallel with my driveway.  This way any motion trigged would make my other camera start as well.    I like the convenince of the wireless and weastherproof but if they dont work well then what is the point.

Here is a pic so you can see what the outside camera can see

Screenshot_2017-04-10-20-39-20.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
manfredz
Hero
Hero

the motion detector works much better at triggering recordings of smaller objects going across the camera than into the camera.

In modes you can set a rule that when cam A detects motion, cam B starts recording.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would like to capture people coming up my drive

Car should be do-able, but for people, the max distance the PIR usu detects is about 20 ft... Only thing I can say is try not to cover to much area.

If possible, I would check to see if you have a good enough signal to mount a camera on your tree along driveway or the back basket ball frame to capture sooner in driveway... as mentioned you can also cross activate cameras ( let A sense and B record ) which may help

Good placement and trial and error makes them work well

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------