Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New firmware for base station and cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
ohiocamguy
Star
Star

I know JamesC posted information about this new firmware already, but might be good to get it back to the top of the pile so that those still having problems see it.  Even though the base station and cameras are supposed to upgrade automatically, if you are still having problems you can check to see if the new firmware was installed.  Login to the My Arlo web page, go to Settings, click on your device, then click on Device Info.

Base station - released July 17, 2018 - new version is 1.10.0.8_22190

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Release-Notes-Arlo-Pro-Base-station-Arlo-Wir...

Arlo "Wire Free" Cameras -  released July 20, 2018 - new version is 1.2.21616

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Release-Notes-Arlo-Wire-Free-Camera-v1-2-216...

2 REPLIES 2
alcat
Luminary
Luminary

I am one of those people still having problems since Camera firmware 1.2.21616 was released.

A functional high reliability 10-camera system collapsed overnight into a highly unreliable system requiring constant restarting cameras (open/close battery latch), resetting base to factory defaults, battery draining in days not months, unpredictable motion sensing and schedule recording modes not recording activity.

The only thing that is reliable is manually streaming a camera to see a real-time view of a location.

Am I the only one? This has been a disaster. I have well over $1,000.00 invested in this system and it is not working anywhere near how it did prior to the firmware upgrade.

TheWatcher24
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same issues. Why would there not be a software fix for this immediately ? Or at least a release saying they are working on it 24/7.
I wish I never bought these cameras. The motion detection never was great to begin with , now it's ven worse