Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New day same $&@@

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Day 4. Woke up this morning. All cameras off line again. Log in page asking me to set up " new system" again. All settings reset to default again. No recorded events again. Another night without security again. The good news is the subscription for service still works. My credit card was charged for my monthly service fee. It's been a rough month for Netgear. First they crippled the Vuezone users now is. FIX IT.
5 REPLIES 5
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Just realized that overnight 8 of my 10 cameras now have a different firmware version. I know they were all the same yesterday. 8 of the cameras are running 1.22412 (different from yesterday) 2 are running 1.22545 (all 10 were running this yesterday) same base firmware as yesterday. WTF is going on?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

From what I remember , your system is resetting??  Do you keep track of your s/w version by any chance?

Obv, the re-set, thats not normal and may have something to do with the updating s/w screwup. A full reset puts it back to the factory settings and rom may carry older s/w ( not sure on this )

But, I 've been running a newer version like MAge99.. base is at 1.4.2695 and cam is 1.2.2688.

So netgear is working on the problem, as  their testing newer versions.

I have seen some 'sluggish' behavior, but non-of the major problems you seem to have ( and I did run thru the older versions you have now )

Just went and tested 18 videos outside at bird feeder... all running/motion detect as normal.

I really think they'll get on this quickly with the problems popping up.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Actually after I reset all the settings AGAIN the system seems somewhat stabile. Recordings are going to the library, motion is working and streaming although sluggish is working. The base software is still at 142627 and the cameras ( as you can see from my post above) are running 2 versions. I've decided not to try anything until Netgear figures this out.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Showguy wrote:
Actually after I reset all the settings AGAIN the system seems somewhat stabile. Recordings are going to the library, motion is working and streaming although sluggish is working. The base software is still at 142627 and the cameras ( as you can see from my post above) are running 2 versions. I've decided not to try anything until Netgear figures this out.

good to hear...

the reset thing has got me thinking tho.... why,does it reset... are you the only one it re-sets on?... It shouldn't be the s/w ... the versions you running now are 1 and/or 2 back . (They release these in small amount first to minimize problems like this.)

If I were doing this and the resets continued( yes prob a pain for you ), I would think of possible maltfunction of the base...last time I had a router keep resetting due to internal overheating...drove me crazy too. I think you mentioned you have a spare base too.

Morse is faster than texting!
cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm hoping this issue gets resolved soon.  On a positive note, I was just able to stream all 4 cameras live on first attempt of connecting.  I then disconnected and tried a second time, and they all connected right away again!  My firmwares have not been updated, still at base 1.4.2627 and cameras 1.2.2545, so it leaves me wondering if these connectivity issues may be network related on the remote server (Netgear's end?).  It will be nice to know if these issues are firmware or network related although either way, I think I'm going to turn off the Auto-update firmware feature (once the system is stable).