No way to view locally stored videos if the internet is down

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tim1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Correct me if wrong but there seems to be no way, if Internet is down, to view locally stored videos. Have not checked if can view locally stored videos when on line but suspect cannot. V

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tim1234 wrote:

there seems to be no way, if Internet is down, to view locally stored videos. 

Yes, if your home internet is down, then you cannot see locally stored videos in the app. 

That has nothing to do with the "New Arlo App", it has always been the case.

Tim1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

sorry to disagree but there used at one time, to be a method of selecting cloud or locally stored recordings at the top of the screen and have used it myself. Very useful. Also under Internet failure or a power cut, assuming have a ups connected, the local recording facility for security purposed is essential and not really an option.

Tim1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, misread the message. Do not know if could access local recordings if Internet down. Presumably with Internet failure the local recordings still function? If this is the case, and hopefully it is, all the more reason for the second generation essential cameras to have their firmware upgraded ASAP.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tim1234 wrote:

Presumably with Internet failure the local recordings still function? 

Yes, assuming the base is still powered.  FWIW, I use a UPS to keep my internet and smarthubs running through short power outages.

@Tim1234 wrote:

all the more reason for the second generation essential cameras to have their firmware upgraded ASAP.

Agreed.  IMO they shouldn't have shipped the cameras without base station and homekit support.  Also IMO they should release them world-wide - many users here purchased cameras they couldn't use because Arlo didn't support them in their country.