Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New app can't connect to base station. Legacy app works fine.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lhwohl
Follower
Follower

I have not seen any answers in the discussions that solve my problem, even where the subject/issue is similar. Also, this form forces me to put the wrong model number, which is bizarre. We have a VMB4000 base station and while the old "legacy" iPhone app works, the new app cannot connect to the base station. I have restarted with no luck. I'm concerned about resetting, because if the legacy app stops working and the new app doesn't work, I'll be without any way to connect. Our system is over a year old, so no luck on any warranty or phone support, and text support doesn't seem to be working (or maybe they have off hours that they don't post). Anyone have a real answer for this? If the answer you're going to suggest is, "Try resetting the base station," then I'd also like a suggestion for if/when that doesn't help.

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @lhwohl

If you would like to contact customer support via phone, you should have no issue doing so. I have attached the link for you here. Arlo Tech Support Please let me know if you have any further questions.