Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

Well, now. We've been suffering for months due to a faulty firware upgrade. 

So, what finally happens? 

Instead of fixing the firmware issue, they do an update to the Windows browser login screen!

Of course, since its Arlo, what happens is that a login screen that used to load fairly quickly----now takes a good long while to load. 

But, that's not all. Now, when you try to login you get a popup warning of a Javascript error indicating an insecure certificate! 

Beautiful.

But, that's not all. 

When you try to access you cameras you get a message telling you that your Adobe Flash Player is out of date and to update it--------even though the very latest one is in fact installed!

In all fairness, having invested more than a grand in this system, you have to wonder---and I'd bet that at least one brave soul in Netgear would agree-----who they have been hiring to do this work?

The Three Stooges (showing my age)? Beavis & Butthead? Dumb & Dumber?

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi MikeBravo,

Are you still experiencing the issue with receiving a popup warning? If so, could you provide a screenshot? And what browser are you using? Have you tried using different browsers to see if you're replicating this issue?

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

@JessicaP wrote:

Hi MikeBravo,

Are you still experiencing the issue with receiving a popup warning? If so, could you provide a screenshot? And what browser are you using? Have you tried using different browsers to see if you're replicating this issue?

No, the issue apparently resolved itself somehow. 

The issue was experienced with all five different of my browsers. 

However, the new login screen still loads woefully slow and we still experience all the previously listed problems with the cameras.