Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New WiFi router, do I need to reset my Arlo system for it to work?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Beazer
Follower
Follower

I have recently got a new wifi router.  do I need to reset and whole arlo system for it to work with the new network

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Arlo and Arlo Pro cameras work via a base station connect by an ethernet cable connected to your router. A new router should just be plug and play

Arlo Q and Q Plus cameras connect to wifi so would need to be reconfigured unless your new router SSID and password are identical to the old router

Jlw7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Beazer wrote:

I have recently got a new wifi router.  do I need to reset and whole arlo system for it to work with the new network

Have the same issue.  I really hate these things.  They were a B**** to setup the first time.  Tried everything they suggest and nothing.  

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Jlw7 wrote:

Have the same issue.  I really hate these things.  They were a B**** to setup the first time.  Tried everything they suggest and nothing.  

What problems are you having? These are some of the easiest cameras I've ever seen to set up. Plug the base into the power and ethernet and turn it on, wait for internet, hit the sync button. Put the battery in the camera and hit the sync button. The cameras appear in the app and you're good to go if you want to just use ARMED