Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New System Setup Fail

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
hwrddev1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a set of Arlo production on hand, when New system Setup the APP or web always told me "No base stations found attached to your IP address". Why ?

Once the fail occured, the Power LED was solid green, but the Internet LED was  solid amber and I am sure the PC / APP / base station are on the same LAN.

And I have read the article "https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-enter-the-Arlo-Base-Station-serial-num... but is was no any help for me.

ao, please help me to set up the system.

13 REPLIES 13
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon hwrddev1,

It sounds like something in the environment may be restricting the connection to the Arlo data center. Please be sure your Arlo base station is connected to a router that has DHCP server enabled. I recommend logging into your router user interface (genie) to see if it recognizes the base station and has assigned it an IP address.

Please also be sure and run an Internet Speed Test (speedtest.net) to ensure your environment meets the recommended minimum upload speed of 1 Mbps.

I am interested to learn more about your environment.

- Who is your Internet Service Provider (ISP)?

- What type of service is it (DSL, Cable, Satellite, 4G LTE, Etc.)?

*Satellite Service goes through a proxy server and may not work with the Arlo system.

- Any highly secure firewalls at the location?

- Is this a home or business installation?

- Any ports restricted?

*Ports 443 and 80 will need to be open

- What other types of devices are connected to the network?

I look forward to your response. If we are unable to resolve quickly we may want to open a support case continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
hwrddev1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Nice to hear the feedback from Arlo team.
I will check the DHCP status of my router.
Below is my network environment for your reference:
HINET@Taiwan is my ISP. The DSL service is working in my network environment. And I am sure the port 80 & 443 are open and my computers are connected in the same network.
If you have other idea to solve the the setup issue, please let me know ASAP.
vernardjones
Aspirant
Aspirant
Everything is green but it's saying phone not picking up
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

vernardjones,

In order for the phone to detect the base station. Your phone must be connected to the same network as the base station. If it is, try a different device on the same network, such as a laptop or PC. Let us know if this helps!

JamesC

BAP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Home system, on cable 5mbps, all green lights,still will not find sys..

BAP
Aspirant
Aspirant

tRYING TO SET UP NEW SYS STUCK ON FIRST PAGE. DETECTING SYS.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BAP,

Is the device you are using to set up the system connected directly to the network that the base station is on? For example you cannot complete the initial system setup using a mobile device on 4g/3g.

JamesC

dougdaddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

base is on network but system will not finalze. have reset uber times not working very frustrated about suport paid alot and cannot use 

dougdaddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

YES COMPUTOR AND ARLO ARE ON SAME LAN ????

could someone help?

dougdaddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

can someone contact me so i can use this bloody Thing?

snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

dougdaddy wrote:

YES COMPUTOR AND ARLO ARE ON SAME LAN ????

could someone help?

Hi @dougdaddy

Please see this Troubleshooting diagram - https://arlo.netgear.com/#/troubleshoot/

Your mobile phone needs to be connected to the the Router the Base Station is wired to.

Can you confirm this is the case for you? 

dougdaddy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Interesting phone call I had with tech support told me they were doing a router update and to try again tomorrow. In other words everything I was trying was in vain. And yes the computer and/or Android are on the same LAN.
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning Doug,

Your Base Station may already be attached to your account if the serial number is not populating as expected during the installation process. I'd like an opportunity to work with you directly to expedite getting your issue resolved.

I will contact you directly to provide further instructions.

Thank you for your contribution on the Arlo Community.

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.