Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New ISP

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
groundskeeper20
Initiate
Initiate
Recently changed ISP and cannot get past base station 1 green and 2 orange lights. Have spoken to ISP to ask them to open Ports 443 and 80 on the router, still nothing. Anyone have any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You've likely don this but have you tried turning off the modem, router and base and turn them back on in that order, waiting for each to initialize befoe going on to the next?

If that does, work, try using the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base again.

groundskeeper20
Initiate
Initiate

Unfortunately, yes, I have and no joy....According to a the Tech I spoke with at ARLO, it's the ports that need turned on within the router. However, having no knowledge on how to do this, I'm at the mercy of my ISP, who unfortunately are not the brighest crayons in the box...

I'll keep on trucking and keep at it as I must get my system back online...Thanks for the reply. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This is a good reason to own your own router, so you have control over the settings. Barring that, you can try logging into the router (probably at 192.168.1.1) and/or asking for the password from the ISP. If you're really feeling risky, reset the router with the reset button and see if you can use the router manufacturer's default login. The reset by itself may open ports for you.