Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo system - 1 of 3 cameras is "offline" after attempt to update firmware

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
RCTrax05
Aspirant
Aspirant

I find some similar posts, but none quite the same as my situation. Two of the 3 cameras went through the firmware update just fine, but one of them (the second one I added) seemed to fail in the process and is not "offline"...

The other cameras work just fine, and updated without problems. I have looked in the smartphone app and in the online web access and don't see any options or diagnostics for this situation. All posts similar to mine seem to end with "it eventually started working (the next day or later)" -- to me, that is not a "solution"...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RCTrax05
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks - Before I did the full series of steps you suggested, I tried a simple re-SYNC, and that seemed to work... Time will tell if it is a full "fix", but the camera is working for now...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Take the camera, reset it by pulling the battery...use REMOVE DEVICE in settings to delete the camera.

Install battery and resync it as new.

Reboot the base and it should update during the night ( sometimes right away )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
RCTrax05
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks - Before I did the full series of steps you suggested, I tried a simple re-SYNC, and that seemed to work... Time will tell if it is a full "fix", but the camera is working for now...