Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
davidahm
Tutor
Tutor

I installed the new Arlo App (Sept 2019), but when I open the app, after logging on, the app just disappears from the screen and I'm back at my phone's home screen. I've already tried cycling the phone on and off, and uninstalling and reinstalling the new app, and deleting the old app. When I open the app, I just get the Arlo loading white screen, then it blips away. I'm using an iphone 5c with IOS 10.3.3 (unfortunately that's the latest ios that will work with my phone, but it meets the Arlo app minimum requirements. 

150 REPLIES 150
ARLO_ROCKS
Star
Star

Also, on my Pro 2 camera, it is set for highest quality - and it's very pixelled in live view.  If someone robbed my house, I wouldn't be able to identify them.  The resolution is very low.  Was this the compromise to roll this out quickly?  My other cameras are set to basic quality and they used to look better in live view.  They are now snowy.  Please work on these issues.

TheNomad
Star
Star

The revised 2.1 app is still crashing on my IOS devices running 10.3.3  The app opens fine but navigation to 'modes' screen causes the crash back to the device homepage.  I have a base station version VMB3010r2 and first generation cameras.

LuAnnFischer
Tutor
Tutor
I’m still experiencing a crash when I open the mode. I can view library and live but can disarm & arm with the new app on my older Ipad. I know there is pressure to fix this. Please respond!
parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here Arlo. As much as you’d like this won’t just go away on it’s own. You’re stocks have dropped around 70% since your split with netgear. Are you shooting for 95% drop? Please fix this.

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

C’mon Arlo. Your description of your app says you’ve resolved this issue. It’s not fixed and since you haven’t responded are we to assume you are not going to back up your product? The app still crashes after a about 10 seconds of live view and it immediately crashes when tapping on mode.  Please let us know one way or another as some of us would like to escalate this issue to a outside agency. 

Normandroy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm in total agreement. Arlo has been given more than enough time to resolve these issues. I suggest that you tell anyone you know to avoid Arlo and try another company (Ring?)

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

We’ve had a ring pro for a little over a year now and it’s flawless. Arlo should be more concerned about the bad reviews they are getting. And the fact that they are way behind other companies in reliability and performance. The fact remains that I have a lot of $ wrapped up into this system that used to work great until Arlo’s engineers crippled it. 

dkmiecikg
Tutor
Tutor

I agree.  IT IS NOT FIXED!!  Who does Arlo think they are fooling.   I downloaded the new app for about the 20th time.  I try to activate the cameras and it tells me I have lost the internet connection but I HAVE NOT.  When I finally get the cameras on and try to turn them off, they won't turn off.  Also when I try to view the alerts, I cannot on my iPhone 5.  I am VERY FRUSTRATED WITH ARLO.  I am going to take the units back to Costco where I bought them and request a refund.  Also, I am emailing Costco and telling them to stop carrying Arlo junk.  I have spent hours and hours trying to make this work and what amazes me most is ARLO IS TOTALLY SILENT ON THE ISSUES!!  

ARLO_ROCKS
Star
Star

At this point, I think the Attorney General's Office of California needs to be made aware of this.  This is very unprofessional Arlo.  There should be someone reporting daily on any progress that has been made to rectify this situation.  You are selling SECURITY SYSTEMS, and while the equipment themselves have their issues, NOT BEING able to USE THEM at all due incompatibility issues with older devices.  Especially when older software worked.  The consumer should at least have the choice to upgrade and even if they do, if it turns out that the software is not compatible be able to revert to an older version that does.  The cameras are useless if you cannot monitor them and DEPEND ON THEM when you really need them.  

I already put the complaint into the Attorney General's office of California. Sorry Arlo, but you should in the least have kept on this thread with updated information.

I called Perdue Chicken company to complain about their "large, overly tough chicken breasts."  When they tried to tell me that they are working on the issue and reassured me that they were not feeding the chickens hormones, etc.  and said:  "We don't know why this is happening."  My response?  " Well, just go back to whatever you did 20 years ago.  Whatever you were feeding the chickens prior to that time, was just fine because I never had one breast that looked like this."  Same  issue here, Arlo, just go back to when it all worked.  Not rocket science.

ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi all - the engineering team is still working on this issue. The good news is that we can reproduce the crash on the Modes screen that several of you have reported. I realize that many of you are frustrated; we are also frustrated that this issue continues to affect you, and that we had not fully resolved it earlier. However, it appears this issue is restricted to devices running iOS 10.3.4; if your device can update to iOS 12 or iOS 13, I recommend you do so.

Until another app update is released, I recommend you all continue to use the "Arlo Legacy" app. This app will continue to allow you to login and manage your system until we can ship another update to the "Arlo" app. 

Normandroy
Apprentice
Apprentice

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT!

WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO UPDATE TO ANYTHING; YOUR DEVICES SHOULD BE ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE ALL DEVICES (WHAT A NOVEL CONCEPT, RIGHT?), LIKE THEY USED TO DO.

WHEN WE BOUGHT THESE DARN THINGS THERE WAS NO CAUTION ABOUT THE VERSION OF DEVICE WE WERE USING - IF THAT WERE THE CASE, I WOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT IT. YOU CAN START REFUNDING EVERYONE'S MONEY RIGHT NOW.

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ArloAlex  I also believe you are missing the point. The legacy app does not show live view on iOS 10.3. As far as you suggesting we update to iOS or above. We can't. If you read all the comments in the threads you would know that Gen 4 IPads do not update past in my case version 10.3.3. Bottom line is that everything that plagues Arlos cameras and bases was brought on by bad engineering. Our systems worked flawlessly up until your crippling firmware update in May. Since then it's been all downhill. We are tired of this and I too have filed a complaint with the State of California's Attorney General. 

ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @parsrgood - are you able to live stream these same cameras on my.arlo.com?

If I recall correctly, the Arlo Legacy app stopped supporting iOS 10 (and stopped receiving app updates) significantly before May; so, the iOS app you were using before and after May should have been the same version, and any issues with VMC3030 firmware should also have been resolved since then.

Please advise so we can better understand the issue - thanks. 

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ArloAlex  i am not going to get into a battle of wits with you. This will be the last time i explain my situation.  But.. you will continue to hear from me until arlo makes good on their flawed products. As I've stated in many threads. I never used the Legacy app. I only tried it recently when you suggested it. Live feed did not work. My security system worked flawlessly up until May 9th of 2019. At that point your engineers went into a tailspin and #1 released a firmware update that you state was resolved. It wasn't completely resolved because many of us have suffered poor resolution and pixelation since, regardless of video settings. # 2 at that same time Arlo released a app update that was no longer compatible with Gen 4 IPads forcing me to purchase a new iPad I really didn't need. After months of myself and others complaining arlo releases a app that states it is compatible with iOS 10.3 or better. I believe that was 10/18/19. So..... arlo's had since then to fix what they've broken and they just drag their heals hoping everyone will give up. I will never give up. I've filed with the BBB,  The Ca Atty Gen office and have left negative reviews on your products warning consumers not to waste their money on your products and their time with arlo's misinformed customer support. I have givin' you my particulars many times. And then when we finally rattle your cage and you respond by once again saying your working on it. We're not buying it any more. You would think your CEO Matthew McRae would be more concerned. It's sad that he's not. 

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ArloAlex 

I see I failed to answer one of your questions. I have stated this on many of my posts, but for your benefit I will do so once again. Yes, I have live view on my browser. Yes, I have live view on my Iphone 6s version 12.4.2. Yes i have live view on my iPad Gen 6 version 12.1.3. They all work so so and suffer from poor resolution that was taken away with the 5/12/2019 firmware update. That's not the point. The point is, is that you are selling a product saying it is compatible with iOS 10.3 and it is not. I'm done.

BuckPoint
Aspirant
Aspirant
Dear parsrgood, thank you for your replies to Arlo. You speak for many of us. I was too busy shaking my head to take the time to write and to be as articulate as you.
parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ArloAlex 

I stated this earlier in this thread but I also want to mention again that in addition to the app crashing on my gen 4 ipad version 10.3.3 when switching to mode. It also crashes after about 10 seconds of live view on all cameras. 

Marcox
Aspirant
Aspirant

Android works good - IOS APP sucks absolutly - with ipad IOS 13.2.2 - crash on library and slow with all!

ARLO_ROCKS
Star
Star

Hi all,

I have been testing the 2.11 beta version for Arlo and it seems to have fixed the issues.  I run 10.3.4 on an older ipad and I'm not having issues.  Just wanted to let you know that there is hope on the way.

TheNomad
Star
Star

My beta testing of 2.1.1 has not recreated the crash scenarios we were all seeing before so whilst I'm still doing some testing, the stability of the Arlo app appears to have improved.  I run IOS 10.3.3 on iPhone and iPad.

anArloPro2user
Aspirant
Aspirant

Every time I try to change the "mode" (eg from arm to disarm), the app hangs for several seconds and then it crashes on my iPhone. I have tried the following:

- power off / on iPhone

- uninstalled / re-installed app

- log on arlo web to remove activity zone per suggested in other threads

Also, this is not happening on my wife's iPhone X. 

Thank you,

Ethan

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I think they are still working on getting the new app to work reliably on iOS 10.

ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone - version 2.11 of the Arlo app will be available to download, starting today!

In our testing, 2.11 resolves the crash on the Modes tab in iOS 10.3.x, and in general, the app should have stable and reliable performance.

If you are on iOS 10.3.x and update to 2.11, and you find a bug that interferes with functionality or a crash, please DM me immediately. Our intent is to provide you with a smooth transition from the experience of the Arlo Legacy app to this new Arlo app. The Arlo Legacy app will continue to live a bit longer to ensure everyone can make the shift.

And in particular, thank you to the community members here who lent their time and patience with beta testing 2.11 - making this right for everyone is critical for us, and you had a major helping hand. Thank you!

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you!

Running iOS  10.3.3 . No crash on mode selection and live view stayed lit for the 5 minutes I left it on.

ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Thank you very much for your feedback, @parsrgood ! I'm very happy to hear all is going well so far!