Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
davidahm
Tutor
Tutor

I installed the new Arlo App (Sept 2019), but when I open the app, after logging on, the app just disappears from the screen and I'm back at my phone's home screen. I've already tried cycling the phone on and off, and uninstalling and reinstalling the new app, and deleting the old app. When I open the app, I just get the Arlo loading white screen, then it blips away. I'm using an iphone 5c with IOS 10.3.3 (unfortunately that's the latest ios that will work with my phone, but it meets the Arlo app minimum requirements. 

150 REPLIES 150
JoeyBlevins
Aspirant
Aspirant
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We want to let you everyone know that we have a fix coming soon with the new Arlo app not working on iOS 10.3.x. We'll be sure to update the community when this fix comes. We appreciate everyone's patience regarding this.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We wanted to update everyone that we released a new Arlo iOS app update, which is version 2.10. We advise you to update to the latest version for the Arlo iOS app as it should not crash on iOS devices running iOS 10. 

If you're still experiencing this issue after updating, please let us know.

ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks @JessicaP , and thanks everyone here for your patience! Please do update to Arlo app v2.10 in the next few days and let us know if you're still seeing an issue.

fireman1
Guide
Guide
Thanks for the info, I tried updating to the new firmware and it says no new updates are available. Tried rebooting my VMB4000 base station this didnt work either. Says I am presently 1.14 I beleive and no new software avalable?
ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @fireman1 , actually it sounds like you may have a different issue...this is just for the iOS app, which can be found here : https://apps.apple.com/us/app/arlo/id1459289784 

fireman1
Guide
Guide
This is your new ios app for iphones. I have an i phone 5C with 10.3. It says there is no new arlo update available, dont tell me its my problem!
JoeyBlevins
Aspirant
Aspirant

My phone has the new update from today and seems to be working. Will follow up. Thanks

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ArloAlex 

At least you’re tried. But I’m convinced that your app and firmware updates are not tested before they are released. I just downloaded your new app 2:10 @ 11:25 PT. Crashed like a big dog seconds after loading. Tried again and same ole story. Maybe it’s time to bring a expert in to fix what’s been broke since your crippling firmware update back in May. 

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JoeyBlevins 

What version iOS are you running on your phone? I’m running 10.3.3 and the app update to 2.10 did not work in my case.

JoeyBlevins
Aspirant
Aspirant
ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

@parsrgood , I'm taking this feedback to the team now. This did, in fact, pass during our testing.

Could you please uninstall, and reinstall, the new Arlo app (not Arlo Legacy) and let me know if you are seeing the same crash or issue?

fireman1
Guide
Guide
Hi, I have redownloaded the new app for ios, my base station is a VMB4000, and when I go to firmware updates for the base station it says none are available. Base station is updated to 1.14 but no new 2.1 showing available. I have an I phone 5C running 10.3. At least the new app isnt crashing after using it once, but isnt working properly at all.
ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @fireman1 , correct this update to 2.10 is only for the app.

It's good to hear that the app no longer crashes on iOS 10.3! 

Bundyguy
Tutor
Tutor

There is still a problem, Well it works better as now it logs in and I can see the cameras, settings and devices but when I go to mode it crashes out like it was before, so getting closer but not quiet there yet

Normandroy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same problem here. Can't you Arlo guys get anything right?

ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for reporting this, @Bundyguy - I've brought this back to the team.

ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Normandroy, can you provide a bit more detail here? Is the app crashing on the Modes page, or something else..?

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

if I didn't have so much money invested in this I would think it's comical. Once again I jumped through Arlo's hoops. Uninstalled App 2.10, reinstalled app 2.10. Was able to get as far as settings to check that I in fact had 2.10. Go to live view and Crash. Reopen, go to mode and crash. This is a crime  Arlo, and you know it.

ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for checking on that, @parsrgood . I appreciate you taking the time out of your day here to send us this feedback - it indeed does help us to understand and troubleshoot the issue here.

BuckPoint
Aspirant
Aspirant

4th generation iPad. iOS 10.3.4.

App still does not work.

My last attempt was after I deleted the app from my iPad and rebooted my device.  I then downloaded from the app store.  When I opened the app I could not load live view nor any of the videos in my library.  I also could not access settings or mode.

Please keep trying. Sorry that some of us are getting testy but this is rather frustrating.  I will not download the update to my iPhone 6.  Your app on my phone and on my series 4 Apple Watch has been working fine.

Thanks,

Southwind
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo app update 2.10 has two problems: the library won't open or takes a long time to see and then crashes.  I am using an iPad with IOS 13.1.3.

ARLO_ROCKS
Star
Star

I have an IPAD MD523LL/A running 10.3.4 (14G61).  I downloaded the new app and live view worked, library worked, settings seemed to be OK, but mode crashed every time.  I cleared the cache in Safari before installing.  I also have the VMB4000r3 base station

fireman1
Guide
Guide

I have downloaded the new app a couple of times today and it doesn't crash anymore but when I go to devices it shows my cameras,  I click live to go to a live feed and it shows me a still picture, it won't live feed.  My base stn is a VMB 4000 and it still says that there are no new firmware updates available for it, its updated to 1.14, how do I update to the new firmware 2.1.  I thought it did this automatically. 

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

@fireman1 

Hello, I think there's a little confusion here that Arlo is not explaining to you in entirety. Your base's firmware is up to date with 1.14. No update needed. There is no Firmware 2.10 available. 2.10 is the new iOS app update they released and still has flaws. Hope this clears some things up for you. Keep in mind that the new app is still faulty. I hate that we have to go through this with a company that used to be reputable.