Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
davidahm
Tutor
Tutor

I installed the new Arlo App (Sept 2019), but when I open the app, after logging on, the app just disappears from the screen and I'm back at my phone's home screen. I've already tried cycling the phone on and off, and uninstalling and reinstalling the new app, and deleting the old app. When I open the app, I just get the Arlo loading white screen, then it blips away. I'm using an iphone 5c with IOS 10.3.3 (unfortunately that's the latest ios that will work with my phone, but it meets the Arlo app minimum requirements. 

150 REPLIES 150
Normandroy
Apprentice
Apprentice

MESSAGE TO ARLO - BEST YOU DELAY YOUR SEPT. 30 CUT OFF OF THE LEGACY APP. A LOT OF ANGRY CUSTOMERS OUT HERE.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@poppymdukes wrote:

WILL i still be able to use the arlo legacy app on my iPad 10.3.4 ?

Only until 30 September.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Normandroy,

Could you be specific when you say the new Arlo app doesn't work with your iPad?

And what iOS version is your iPad running? Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and rebooting your iPad to see if that happens?

Normandroy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I don't know how much more specific I can get. Yes, I've tried reinstalling the app (several times); yes I have the latest ios system (10.3.3); Yes, I've rebooted several times. Yes, yes, yes - over and over again. It's clear the problem is the app - as many others have been reporting. The solution is for Arlo to fix the app and delay closing the legacy app until they do.

poppymdukes
Tutor
Tutor

I have an ipad4 running iOS 10.3.4. New argo app closes after working 1 time after downloading. Argo legacy app continues to work as of this time and prompts new version.

Normandroy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Wrong. 11.0 is not the requirement.

George5639
Guide
Guide

Hmmmm let me think, spend thousands of dollars on new devices or scrap Arlo system for another. What do you think. So much for customer support. You probably should have stayed with netgear.

EffingFixItArlo
Initiate
Initiate

This is infuriating; I've never regretted a purchase so much.  Using our old iPad to monitor our Arlo Baby was (until now) a perfect set up.  It's not convenient to watch the stream through our phones, and the browser version doesn't work in Safari or Chrome for iPad (it's 2019, Arlo - ditch Flash and get this crap working on HTML5).

MAKE THIS WORK FOR iOS 10.3.X

morningstocker
Initiate
Initiate

I am running two Arlo Pro cameras w/VMB4000 base. The app is loaded on an Apple ipad, Model A1460/ 4th Gen, IOS 10.3.4. It has 1G of ram and 21.7G storage available. Arlo 100% Wire-Free system was purchased  Jun 2018 and has worked well until 9/26/2019 when new app was downloaded. I am experiencing the same issue as many of existing posts. When first downloaded it worked fine, but, when trying to log in a second time it crashed. Touch Arlo icon and get white screen with Arlo logo for maybe a second, then disappears and returns to home screen. Have powered down/up ipad, deleted app, and downloaded again (worked 1st time) to no avail. I read many have same problem---WHEN WILL IT GET FIXED???

Bruce-m
Tutor
Tutor

I have deleted and reloaded the latest app numerous times before it finally seems to be working.  At least it the app starts ok, not sure it recorded overnight as I came home when the cameras are set to record but when I checked the app this morning there is no recording of my return.  Will check it again tonight.....wait

Just opened the app and it did not load, no login screen just back to my iPad screen

deleted the app and downloaded it again it worked but for how long?

mcvironman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an older Ipad/2010 that is running 10.3.4 OS and your last upate says it will stop working Sept. 30

this is where you guys have a problem, every other app i have on this ipad, snap chat, instagram, youtube, waze, and many more upadte all the time to but always let the older stuff still work?

just wondering why Arlo app developers, cant do the same, making every new update reverse compatible with the older stuff, yes my ipad is old, but it is still very usable, with all my other apps.

i have a total of 56 apps, and your app is the only one that not going to work after September 30, 2019

you must have better software people??? that can figuire this out???

Nufc6
Initiate
Initiate
Hi. I'm using iOS 10.3.3 and pro2 app is briefly opening like other users comments. I've tried to point out to customer support that Arlo say system will operat in this minimum iOS but all I'm getting is the it may or may not work! Is that the response from a major tech company that is acceptable? Over to you Arlo..... can you tell me what is going to be done to rectify this? Thanks
JB29
Initiate
Initiate
New app does not work it crashes. It needs to be fixed. Otherwise I want a refund. Then buy a proper security camera from a company concerned about its customers security!!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JB29 wrote:
New app does not work it crashes. 

Can you tell us what version of the app you are running, the device it is running on, and the operating system version that is running on that device?

Rck57
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here with my spouses phone. Did you find a solution to the problem?
Flayer6
Tutor
Tutor
App 2.9.1
Base firm. 1.12.2.4_2772
Vmb3010r2
Device iPad 3 iOS 10.3.3
We all have same issue. Also, adding devices is different as it doesn't ask to sync, so now 3 of 4 cams not even recognized
Bundyguy
Tutor
Tutor

Yep I'm another one in the same situation iPad is updated as late as it will go 10.3.3 was all working fine until I updated the app 2.9.1 I think, now the app keeps crashing out. I'm starting to think this arlo system is was a poor choice to buy, and would seem the term "support" is used very loosely after seeing the responses. Is this something that is being looked at, a simple yes or no so I know weather I need to spend more money or not

Nufc6
Initiate
Initiate
Hi. I've received a reply from Arlo customer support saying how they were happy to help with my online query about the new app not working. 'Help' as in The person had advised in the original 'chat' that Arlo might/ might not work with iOS 10.3.3 (see my previous comments)! In saying they were happy to help I was given a link in case I had further concerns. This link took me to a page that says the new app will work on iOS 10.3!
I'm sure this is not April 1 (April fools day) so please Arlo, do the right thing and tell us all what you are going to do about this. Surely this is becoming embarrassing?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nufc6 wrote:
This link took me to a page that says the new app will work on iOS 10.3!

This link appears to have been recently updated to specify iOS 11: https://kb.arlo.com/000062043/What-are-the-minimum-requirements-for-installing-and-using-my-Arlo-sys...

dkmiecikg
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo was working fine until I downloaded the new Arlo release.  I have an iPhone 5 with iOS 10.3.4.  I have installed, deleted, and reinstalled the new Arlo at least 5 times.  I have rebooted the base system multiple times.  I have taken out the batteries in the cameras.  When I attempted to open the Arlo app on my iPhone, it won't allow me to login.  It goes to the Arlo screen for about two seconds and then shuts down.   I can login the Arlo app on my laptop and view events etc.    I need advice as to how to get this "new release" to work on my iPhone.  It is so disappointing that the new release has caused this frustration.

George5639
Guide
Guide

So explain to me why you think not supporting all of these folks who have older iPads is good customer service. Your forcing people to purchase new iPads so that they can continue to use the arlo system when there are comparable systems that work on older operating systems. Do you have a deal with apple where you get a kickback on iPad sales or is it you just don't care. So here we are, the last day that the old app will work, according to you, and tomrrow morning if all these folks haven't purchased their new iPad they are screwed. Guess I'll have to check out Blink cameras. Have a nice day.

dkmiecikg
Tutor
Tutor

Guess I will be dumping Arlo and buying a competitor.  Why should I have to switch my iPhone just because Arlo decides to do a new release.  I will be posting this on social media.  Don't buy Arlo!!

ARLO_ROCKS
Star
Star

Perhaps it's time to get the Attorney General's office involved?  All  you need to know is where the company is based.  Arlo, I have a long history of issues with these cameras.  The software issues have worsen in the past six months.  Now I can't use my cameras unless I upgrade the viewing devices???  That makes no sense.  A new iphone can cost up to 1,000!!  I called tech support and they are like "Oh well....it will not work on 10.3.4.  You have to upgrade your ipad?  Huh?  Please fix this to be backward compatible and allow us to  make the choice to upgrade "IF" it works with our devices.  The Attorney General's office will get involved if the company is not doing what they are supposed to.  I suggest we all visit and put in a formal complaint.  Where is ARLO's headquarters located?

Normandroy
Apprentice
Apprentice

And all we're hearing from Arlo is ..... silence. Great company.

TMcat
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found the same problem even though on Sept 3, 2019 "James C" in an Arlo Community article clearly stated that iOS 10 would work with the new app; my phones run 10.3.3. Now I find myself with over $500 of inaccessible useless security gear Or having to buy newer phones for my whole family. Either way is not a good way to treat /mislead loyal customers.

Quote by James C:

"What are the minimum supported specs of the new app?

Any phone or tablet with iOS 10.3 or Android 4.1."