Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo app installed and connection to cameras lost

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jefftomei
Follower
Follower

I have been using the Arlo Legacy app for some time on iOS and recently was unable to use it becasue I needed to download the new app.   I was read not to worry but that all connection info would be transferred over to the new app.   I was also told to uninstall the legacy app.  I did so and low and behold no information was transferred to the new app but in fact I need to reinstall the cameras and that I needed to be on site to do so.  The problem is that I am 300!!!! miles away from the location!!   I know what I have to do now and that is to throw this crap Arlo system in the garbage.  This is beyond frustrating!!!!   I will never buy another Arlo product again.  You have no idea how much inconvenience this has caused me.  No Idea!!!!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, the app contains no info - it's just the interface to the system via the Internet. Your settings, etc. are all on the servers and are transferred to the base/cameras and the app. There's no reason the new app should be causing issues as long as you correctly log in.  What phone and OS? Have you rebooted and reinstalled the app? Have you tried both WiFi and cell service?

Next, as a troubleshooting method, have you tried using a web browser? A mobile browser can be used when set to use the desktop version of the site.