Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Netgear not honoring their warranty on solar panel

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
RatBaggage
Initiate
Initiate

I have an Arlo Solar Panel that stopped working after 5 1/2 months (Model VMA4600)

I've spoken with tech support several times regarding this, each call requiring about an hour of my time.

After having the call escalated to the next higher level of support (supervisor?) on two different occasions,

I was promised that Netgear would send me a new solar panel. They have not done so, and I have no reason to believe they will; it's been over a month now. In both of the last two calls, during which they made this promise, I had the distinct impression I was being given the runaround. The facts are proving that to be the case.

Has anyone had a similar experience with them?

Thanks

Jake RB

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RatBaggage,

Please send me a private message with your email address you use to log in to your Arlo account along with your open support case number and I will review/escalate your case as needed.

JamesC

RatBaggage
Initiate
Initiate

James C:

The email address I use to log in is   

I have never been given a case number, reference number or anything at all. NOTHING to identify my correspondence with your tech staff. Below is part of the email they sent showing that the device had beeb registered. That's it. This is all I have ever received.

==========================================================================================

In this email, you'll find some product information specific to your recent purchase, along with useful contact information and links

Your
Product

Arlo Solar Panel(VMA4600)

Serial
Number

51X1767BA04F7

Purchase
Date

2017-11-03

Please keep this information handy, in case you ever need it.

===========================================================================================

My calls were escalated two different times, two separate calls. I was told they would send me an email with a link so I could print a return shipping label; I got NOTHING.

The next time I called, I was told the same thing and that they would go ahead and send me a new replacement unit even before I returned the defective one. Once again, NOTHING.

I still have the defective solar panel, and I would like to get a new one that works. However, my experience with Arlo/Netgear has been horrible, and at this point in time, I do not expect the company to make good on their warranty.

If you can do anything to disprove that, I would be eternally grateful. I have already spent an incredible amount of my time to get this taken care of, and all I've been met with is misstatements and disappointment.

Thank you

Dennis A Jacobi

AUSA
Aspirant
Aspirant
Who do we contact directly for warranty replacement at Arlo vs a blanket email to Arlo customer service. I purchased the Arlo solar panel for my ArloGo ($400) and after 2 months it stopped charging, and I also received the error messages periodically about the unsupported device. If Arlo manufactures and sells both products we shouldn’t have these issues. I’m also concerned the plugin has now damaged my cameras charging cable where moisture did in fact get in - this is a design flaw not user error.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any warranty claims have to be via an open case. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here, and again on the new page. The 3rd page has the contact info.

Stayonpause
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue with one of my solar panel. I started to get these error messages about charging defaults. I purchased these from Costco as a 2pk bundle in 2/23/18. Less than 8 months these are giving me issue already. So much for quality and reliability.

@RatBaggage wrote:

I have an Arlo Solar Panel that stopped working after 5 1/2 months (Model VMA4600)

I've spoken with tech support several times regarding this, each call requiring about an hour of my time.

After having the call escalated to the next higher level of support (supervisor?) on two different occasions,

I was promised that Netgear would send me a new solar panel. They have not done so, and I have no reason to believe they will; it's been over a month now. In both of the last two calls, during which they made this promise, I had the distinct impression I was being given the runaround. The facts are proving that to be the case.

Has anyone had a similar experience with them?

Thanks

Jake RB

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Stayonpause,

If you are having problems with your Solar Panel, our support team can help you with that. I have sent you a private message to gather more information from you.