Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Netgear Arlo HD RMA Process

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cpuwizz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased the Arlo HD camera system (x 3) given the Netgear brand and the reviews I read on line, however having owned and used the system from some months now, I’m questioning why?

I have had issues with recordings of a night where the screen in black and records just a black screen as well as nuisance activations etc.

However I have had a specific problematic camera for some months, and Netgears support is something much to be desired given the repeated cut/copy/paste solutions offered and then to automatically close the job after a few days adds salt to the wound when the issue appears again a few days later, and you have to start all over again!

Now it transpires that they have accepted that the camera is faulty and will replace it under warranty (what a challenge that was), however I have to post the unit to Netgear at my cost as well as taking the risk if it disappears in the post.

Come on Netgear, get in the 21st Century and provide better support to those that purchase your premium goods.

1 REPLY 1
mechevarria
Tutor
Tutor

I had the exact same experience.  Out of the box one of the cameras had a dark spot inside the lens.  Took contacting customer support multiple times and answering silly questions about my web browser before finally getting an RMA.  Learning I had to ship a defective product at cost was not something I wanted to do.  I ended up just returning the entire 3 camera plus base station kit.