Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
parthur169
Follower
Follower

I did a factory reset on my Moto E running Android 4.4.4 phone.

I need to download old Arlo app since the Play Store version does not support 4.4.4.

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @parthur169,

We recommend using the latest version of the Arlo app, which does require Android 5.0. We do not advise using older versions as they may not work and aren't supported. You can read more about it here: What are the minimum requirements for installing and using my Arlo system?

Red-red
Tutor
Tutor

I am so very sorry I purchased the Arlo cameras and talked my friends into doing the same.  Now I have this same problem.  I had to send my tablet off for repair.  It is an old table but now it works.  They did a factory reset and now I can't get the older verson of the Arlo App on my tablet at all.   If I have to spend $200.00 to get a new tablet I may as well just get new cameras instead.  Maybe I should have invested in Nest or Ring since Arlo has just dropped me in the dust like last night's garbage. I thought they would have some way of helping me to get the App or some sort of log in on my tablet.  But, I find even using Chrome to log in has been blocked for me since now they only seem to offer a log in if I pay them a monthly fee.   This is really horrible.

Red-red
Tutor
Tutor

I had the same problem.  After over a week of research and several hours on the phone with Arlo I finally found an app that will work with my older tablet after the factory reset of my tablet. https://www.apk4fun.com/apk/174529/ has many versions to try. I tried the oldest one first and that one worked. I will try some of the newer ones later on. I'm just happy to have one that is working for now.