Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
fnis
Tutor
Tutor

PLEASE SOMEONE FROM ARLO ADVISE

I have 2 cameras. I have movement recorded during the whole day at least one every hour.  I know for a fact because I myself move around the camera region.

I noticed that sometimes the camera just stops working. Like for instance now, it is 2pm and I just have a movement 5 am and another 6am...after that no more recordings.

There are no problems with my storage space, there are no problems with the battery.

PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM THE CAMERA IS VERY UNRELIABLE THIS WAY. I AM USUALLY NOT AWAKE 3AM TO RESET THE BASE STATION IN ORDER TO "WAKE THE SYSTEM UP"

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the cameras view and verify that the running men are green. If gray there's no recording enabled.

fnis
Tutor
Tutor

I appreciate your reply, but please assume that I know how to use all the features of the camera.

Everything was setup and working fine. Im the only person that have adm acess to the settings. Nothing change from one day to the other, it simply stopped recording from one day to the other. I had to reset the station and etc to wake up the system.

This is unnaceptable for a camera that advertises as a SECURITY camera. What if the next time the camera decides to stop is 3am in the morning when I am sleeping? Do I have to now be worried everytime to check if the camera decided to sleep again?

Looks like the current status of this system is NOT RELIABLE.

Victum
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have you been robbed during the outage?  We noticed that one camera would drop from  recording.  Finnally figured out it coincides with forced entry into our home and money dissapearing around the first of the month.  

My theory and reason for purchasing this system is the perpetrator is a known suspect who has extensive criminal background and will climb to dangerous heights to disable the cammera by opening the battery compartment.  Then, performing the robbery.  Then reverse on the way out turning the camera back on and if all goes well it will resync and start up as nothing ever happened.  Hoping you will not even notice you have been robbed again.  We need to have the system log the cameras in and out with real time stamps.  These are not undefetable by even amature criminals.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Victum wrote:

Have you been robbed during the outage?  We noticed that one camera would drop from  recording.  Finnally figured out it coincides with forced entry into our home and money dissapearing around the first of the month.  

My theory and reason for purchasing this system is the perpetrator is a known suspect who has extensive criminal background and will climb to dangerous heights to disable the cammera by opening the battery compartment.  Then, performing the robbery.  Then reverse on the way out turning the camera back on and if all goes well it will resync and start up as nothing ever happened.  Hoping you will not even notice you have been robbed again.  We need to have the system log the cameras in and out with real time stamps.  These are not undefetable by even amature criminals.

If this is the true factors, then you need a perimeter type alarm system and use the Arlos as a photo id type system...

PS in most states... its a robbery only if force is involved against a person other wise it's a burglary

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Victum wrote:
My theory and reason for purchasing this system is the perpetrator is a known suspect who has extensive criminal background and will climb to dangerous heights to disable the cammera by opening the battery compartment.  Then, performing the robbery.  Then reverse on the way out turning the camera back on and if all goes well it will resync and start up as nothing ever happened.  Hoping you will not even notice you have been robbed again.

It is practically impossible to take out the batteries, put them back in and mount the camera at the exact same angle as it was before.

So, if you have video footage from before and after, take a screenshot of each and compare the images. If they show an identical scene, you can be pretty certain the camera hasn't been tampered with.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not to metion that, if armed, the camera should be recording the act of dismounting the camera (perhaps with a face shot) up until the battery door is opened.