Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
MDZCondo
Tutor
Tutor

A few weeks ago I had to initiate an RMA to return a broken Arlo Pro camera.  After paying to ship it out I recieved a replacement camera.  Having set it up and try it for a week or 2, it does NOT trigger motion detection.  I can access the camera fine, live view, manually record, etc.  Only Motion detection is not working regardless of how many times I reset the base, resync, etc. and I have run motion testing settings repeadetly to no affect.

Short version, I think they sent me a refurbished camera and it doesnt work.  I think I need to contact support and AGAIN pay out of my pocket to ship it back to Memphis in hopes a new camera is sent and that it works unless someone has suggestions on how to fix or expediate this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MDZCondo
Tutor
Tutor

I'm sorry to hear that.  Motion detection can be wonky for me at times but overall is decent enough for peace of mind.  Regardless of firmware or hardware, Netgear is giving me a new RMA on the replacement camera and will cover shipping since this was a new unit from them only a couple weeks ago.  So HOPEFULLY it works....

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Its probably not the camera. Its the firmware. If you read these forums nobody's is working right. Battery dtain motion detection issues etc. Nothing we can do about it. Its up to netgeat to put out a decent firmware update
MDZCondo
Tutor
Tutor

Very well could be but I thought most of the firmware issues were around battery life?

Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Not for me and many others. My motion detection is awful. Double videos in library. Sometimes no notifications etc. The orange man lights up no reason no recording. There are many issues. Battery life is the only one netgear is addressing
MDZCondo
Tutor
Tutor

I'm sorry to hear that.  Motion detection can be wonky for me at times but overall is decent enough for peace of mind.  Regardless of firmware or hardware, Netgear is giving me a new RMA on the replacement camera and will cover shipping since this was a new unit from them only a couple weeks ago.  So HOPEFULLY it works....

Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Even at 100% its missing big things like ups truck mailman etc. Its not right and hasn't been right since they started pushing these bogus firmware updates. My system hasnt worked right since may
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Mine works ok then it doesnt. Today it didnt show any videos till noon. And i know there were more cars than that from 8 till noon. Yesterday had 25 videos of cars during that timeframe. You may just have a broken camera im just saying this system is not working right for me and many others. Ive had it for 2 years and this is the worst its been