My netgear base station wont connect to the internet

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Richardson98
Aspirant
Aspirant
I factory reseted it and used different cables and checked my port settings and they are all find but my net gear base station wont connect. To the internet
8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What's making you say it won't connect to the internet?

Richardson98
Aspirant
Aspirant

There isnt any light under the internet icon and when i go on the arlo app it says that the base station is offline

steve_t
Master Master
Master

This denotes a lack of a physical connection to your router. Ensure all cables are connected. Failing that, try a different ethernet cable and failing that a different router port. If there's a connection but no internet, the LED will go amber. If there's a connection with internet access, the LED will go green

Richardson98
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried different cables and different ports on my router and it still doesn't work

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reset the system by removing all devices in Settings, My Devices.  Does the Internet LED show green after the base restarts?  If so, use the Add Device button to add the base and sync the cameras.  If not, open a case with support for a hardware problem.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

If you can take the base station to a friend / family member's house and plug it into their router. Turn it on and wait a minute for it to boot up, check the internet light again then. That'll tell you if it's a problem with your router, most likely a blocked port, or if the base station needs looking at. Of course, make sure the other person's router is different to the one you have

Richardson98
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ya it still wont work so im guessing its a broking internet port

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have a choice of swapping at the store or opening a case with support here.