Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My cameras don't appear under My Devices in Mode screen. How can I make them appear?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
aroche
Aspirant
Aspirant

I used to have the cameras listed in the mode screen, so it was easy to arm or desarm each one of them. Now I only see the Base Station as a Device. Please help on how to bring them back to the Mode screen

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

aroche wrote:

I used to have the cameras listed in the mode screen, so it was easy to arm or desarm each one of them. Now I only see the Base Station as a Device. Please help on how to bring them back to the Mode screen

When you go to the MODE screen, you'll see the devices on the left column... Click on the DEVICE ; Base or Q cams if any.

On the right you should now see the different modes... ARMED, DISARMED, Schedule, etc.

To see the cameras under each mode click on the " > " at end of each mode.

If you mean you LOST or DELETED the default Modes, then the easiest way is to reset the base which which then recreate them.... but you will have to resync the cameras again.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
aroche
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much.

When I go to the Mode screen, the only device that appears id the Base Station. At the right it say Disarmed. When I click the ">" at the right of Disarmed the new screen list the following, with a circle on the left side that can be selected and filled with green:

Armed

Disarmed

Schedule

Geofencing

At the right hand of each od these is the pencil sign. When I click it it shows rules, calendar, map respectively, but there is no other ">" sign on the screens.

I also reset the base and even re-installed the app, but still the only device that appears on the Mode screen is the Base Station…

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's the way it's supposed to work.  A year ago, that wasn't true so it sounds like you're using old information.

Click on the base and see your modes.  Now you can create a new mode (leave the default Armed alone for troubleshooting purposes) and set up one camera. Save.  Edit the new mode using the pencil icon.  Add another camera rule and save.  Reedit, etc., etc.

Don't use the old info.  Just look at the interface and check out what's there - it's not hard.  Use the Armed mode as a sample so you understand.

cesilia
Aspirant
Aspirant

I looked up in MODE for the cameras list (at the left side) and the cameras dont even appear there. I want to disable the email alerts because my inbox is full!!! please can someone help me.?

cesilia
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

I read your post and I am in the same situation. I go to MODE and there is only the BASE but no cameras, not even at the left side of the screen. 

Did you find out how to add the cameras to your list in MODE? could you finally disable the email alerts? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Don't stop at the Mode tab. Be sure to click on your base and edit your modes. Experiment.
F150Fan
Star
Star
Here are step-by-step instructions for the Arlo Go:
1. Click on the Mode option
2. Select your "active" rule (this is the one generating your email) by clicking the pencil icon to get into edit mode
3. Click the pencil beside the rule to edit the rule
4. You should see several sections, one of which is "Alert"
5. Alert provides for "Push Notification" and "Email Alerts". Remove the check mark beside Email Alerts
6. Be sure to Save this change before backing out our exiting the app
cesilia
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks you so much! I got it!