Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My camera will not sync with the base station; how can I troubleshoot it?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
vcapra
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of four cameras fell offline (it's not even the camera farthest from the base station!), and would NOT resync after MANY tries.  The blue light blinks slowly as though it's going to sync, then the amber light blinks rapidly.  I have tried restarting the base unit as others have suggested in other posts.  I've removed the camera from the system (3 other cameras work just fine and came back online right away after restarting the base) and now still can't get it to resync.  

This is EXTREMELY frustrating, as the system was 5 days old when the camera fell offline!

I am afraid to totally reset the system and to lose the connection to the other three cameras!

Suggestions?  Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A reset is the likely answer although it could be a bad camera.  I'd reset, remove all devices in Settings, My Devices, open and close all battery doors and start fresh with the Add Device button on the Devices tab.  If that doesn't work for even one camera, swap the system at the store.  Yes, it's all a PITA but one of these should get you going.

vcapra
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did all of that, and moved the camera to a new location (swapped with another).  It continued to do this in the new location while the camera I swapped it with was fine in both locations - so I called support and have an RMA in the works - sent in old camera waiting for new one!  Hopefully this will help!