Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My camera is offline and cannot be streamed. New batteries in. What do I do?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
mgdjmb
Aspirant
Aspirant

two out of five cameras telling me they are offline and cannot be streamed.  Brand new batteries in both.  I put brand new batteries in one other, and it works fine.  What do I do?  Please help!  Thanks ..... and also in layman's terms, as I am not great with the technical terms.  Thanks for understanding!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
arlomaster
Guide
Guide
try unplugging the base and your modem and wait a few minutes.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
arlomaster
Guide
Guide
try unplugging the base and your modem and wait a few minutes.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mgdjmb,

Did rebooting the base station/modem as suggested above help resolve the issue? Please let us know.

JamesC

Swils
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a wire free system containing 3 cameras a few weeks ago. Two work perfectly but the third is driving me mad.  I have tried everything suggested on help and support pages, my only conclusion is that it's faulty.

Currently when i go to devices the screen says "There was a problem logging in. Please try again later".

It has also said devce is offline. 

When i go to settings batteries are either shown as 99% or no power at all.

i have removed device, warmed batteries up and re-synced various times.  No luck!

i have re-booted base station too. No luck!

i have even moved the camera location. No luck!

This problem has taken up a lot of my time to date. Can i just please send it somewhere for a replacement?

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The store, if still within the replacement period.

If not, reset the base using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.  Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Open and close all battery doors and make sure batteries are fresh. Add the base back in using the Add Device button on the Devices tab and sync the cameras, making sure to only briefly press the sync button on the base (don't hold it).

If still no good, contact support to open a case:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

mgdjmb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you ..... we did unplug the base, and rebooted.  Then we removed two of the cameras, and reinstalled them, and after a while (one was giving us a LOT of problems) , we were able to update the firmware through the computer and not the phone, and that was it.

Everything is now working great.

Thank you so much everyone!