Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Recycle Bin is not Emptying & It's over 7-Days

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

How exactly does recycle bin work? Is it emptying only a day or severals days after 7-days? I checked my recycle bin today and it has a total of 16-days (not include 2day) waiting to be emptied.. Does anyone having this also?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's what I was told here on these forums. I have the basic plan so 7 days worth of storage but 7 additional days in the trash. I never saw this spelled out but that seems to be the case although it usually seems to be more than 7 additional days.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

jquerdat, I see.. I wonder though how many of those days will be emptied out? I guess it doesn't affect us much since it doesn't count against our storage but privacy wise it would be an issue.. We'll just never know until it will pop out in Youtube or other media services and see something without a consent..

Thanks!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I happen to have 35 days showing on my Basic plan (!).  However, it's obvious that not all my videos are in each of those days.  Perhaps it's a glitch in the system or it's somehow based on a number rather than days. I currently have 1645 videos going back to April 25.  However, the numbers in each day don't add up to my logs (for battery usage) except for the past 14 days. So, some but not all are being deleted according to the published plan.

I had an issue a while ago where one video was noted as available but never to be found.  Arlo did something and it went away but now I wonder if the "fix" somehow broke something.  I'm not paranoid about having extras laying around and I have no idea how much disk space they're taking (my previous calcs suggest 2.5-5MB per video, depending on time of day, resolution setting and phase of the moon). Thus, one could postulate that they could be taking well over 8GB but I'm not downloading them all to verify tha=t...

SJJM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I'm also having this issue.  My recycle has been building since June 6th and I've requested support on this twice.  Not sure why this isn't considered a priority as it has to do with privacy.