Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

mksmith
Star
Star

Every since the iPad app has been updated the it will not display live video. You hear the audio but video just displays a screen shot.

207 REPLIES 207
Jhviz37855
Initiate
Initiate

Ever since the update 2.6.1 my iPad no longer does live streaming. My iPad has the most current version of IOS which is 12.0.1. Sometimes these updates are way worse than the original software 

thacksjj
Tutor
Tutor

i currently have the latest arlo app downloaded and updated on my iphone.  The cameras are detecting motion and recording.  On the app i cannot see anything but the first "screenshot" of when motion was detected, but no recording (the video is playing but nothing is shown but the first "screenshot").  I can login to the arlo website on my computer and see and view every recording as i should.  Something has been wrong with the phone app after the most recent update because that is when the issue started.  i have already deleted and reinstalled the app.  What do i need to do next?

pm7jc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo 2 cam not showing live feed on ipad pro after 6.2.1 update.

I have reinstalled, turned on and off each cam, rebooted, etc, etc... soooooooooo?

Why the useless, going backwards looking update. the former version was way more superior... why do companies do these pathetic, useless updates?

Schmonj
Initiate
Initiate

I read through all 57 posts in this thread.  Forgive the “piling on” but I have same issue.  I use the app on an iphoneX and iPad Pro.  Never had an issue until recent app update.  Now, iphoneX works but iPad Pro will not live stream. There is a frozen picture with sound, that’s it.  Tried all the reboots and resets like the others.

kahnnico
Star
Star

I had someone of Netgear on the phone this morning and they wanted to tell me that the problem was solved by the release of the new version 2.6.1...not at all !!! Nothing changed !

markus412
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here.  I've been following this probelm in another thread and one of the admins said they are "looking into the problem."  That was about 2 weeks ago.

Viewing from web browser seems to work, but that kind of defeats the point, right?  My hope is that someone can give a clear answer that "yes, we are aware of the problem.  yes, it's being resolved, and here is the timeline."

Fingers crossed.

PAVEIT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cameras work fine on my old iPad  running old system. I guess I will have to watch cameras on my old ipad😞

@larryc9 wrote:

Hmmm, maybe I need to stay at 2.6.0

dcaly22
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot get the videos to play back in my arlo app, but they will play back on my windows computer.  I have not changed anything and it appears the firmware is up to do date.  I recently went from an iPhone 7 to the new 10s but believe this issue had already started before I changed phones.  Any ideas??

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

JaneM, MK6

Which iphone & Ipad are you experiencing the issue with? What firmware are the devices running?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

@ShayneS wrote:

JaneM, MK6

Which iphone & Ipad are you experiencing the issue with? What firmware are the devices running?

No problems with my iphone 6s ios 12 since i’m still using the previous Arlo App.

No live view on my iPad Pro 12.9” iOS 12.0.1. Arlo app ver 2.6.1 

All Arlo firmware are up to date.

Live audio continues to play in background after pressing home button (this is on old issue I’ve been having close to a year). To quit live audio I double-click home and swipe up on app. 

Also bring back the battery icon with % so it can be viewed AT A GLANCE. You probably know by now your customers are very upset now. When i open the Arlo app the battery icon with % should be there. Why should i need to navigate to get the percentage it’s just silly. 

JaneM
Star
Star

I’m using the latest software update, 12.0.1. As long as my system updates are current, does it matter which iPhone or ipad I’m using? The important point is everything, absolutely everything, worked perfectly before this update. Now there is *no* live streaming which defeats the purpose of a security system. Why push a flawed update? Is it the baby monitor lawsuit?  As of this minute, I still have no live streaming. Can we rewind this update? Please?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

@JaneM wrote:

I’m using the latest software update, 12.0.1. As long as my system updates are current, does it matter which iPhone or ipad I’m using? The important point is everything, absolutely everything, worked perfectly before this update. Now there is *no* live streaming which defeats the purpose of a security system. Why push a flawed update? Is it the baby monitor lawsuit?  As of this minute, I still have no live streaming. Can we rewind this update? Please?

For me the previous version was by far not perfect. Don’t give them too much credit they don’t deserve it. Previous version had audio playing in background. Previous version although it had battery icon you still have to tap on the “gear” icon to get the battery percentage. I would gladly rate their app/product five stars if there weren’t so many issues. 

Kuhne
Tutor
Tutor

I have both an iPhone 7 Plus and an iPad Pro 12 inch first generation, both on ios 12.

Ever since the new update (the one that changed the look of the app) live video doesn’t work in my iPad. It works fine in the iPhone but in the iPad it just stays frozen. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but that doesn’t fix anything.

This happens with all my cameras. I have 4 first gen Arlo Wire Free, 1 Arlo Pro and 10 first gen Arlo Q. All 15 cameras show the freezing issue and all work fine if I use the app in my phone. All the wireless outdoor cameras (5 of them) are set up in the same based station, also a first gen base station.

Thanks

JaneM
Star
Star

MK6, you are correct. The previous version was not perfect. My ‘perfect’ standard has changed dramatically since this latest update.  Before, I had live streaming. Now, none. Before, I had access to settings was on the same page as the streaming. Now, none.  Before, I saw all cameras on one screen with clear images. Now, none. How I long for ‘before’ (apologies to The Beatles). 

At least, we know they have heard us and are working on the issue. I do wish we didn’t need to scream so much to get something done. Hoping the fix resolves the issues. 

ArloProUserHere
Star
Star

I'm having the same issue, not the most recent iPad Pro, about 18 months old, running IOS12 and the new app.   I haven't updated my iPhone 6 because I was afraid that I'd lose all my ability to see live video between the app issue and the website not showing videos due to Flash or whatever.

I really want to sign up for the new advanced ARLO smart features, but I can't see sending them more money when they can't get stuff to work right

trickytcamgeek
Luminary
Luminary

@JaneM wrote:

At least, we know they have heard us and are working on the issue. I do wish we didn’t need to scream so much to get something done. Hoping the fix resolves the issues. 

It’s now 9 days since all these problems were first highlighted.   I find the weakness of Arlo responses to this major crisis to be apathetic, and almost laughable.    Just in the alst few hours I see these two replies from different Arlo employees:

‘Which iphone & Ipad are you experiencing the issue with? What firmware are the devices running?”

and

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.”

I would have expected a much strongly worded reply, along the lines of

“Dear Arlo users.  We are terribly sorry about the many problems you are encountering with the latest software upgrades 2.6.0 and 2.6.1, especially for the i_ad Pro users.  We are working flat-out to restore the previous version of the App 2.5.5 while we work on these problems.   However, since this is Apple, it can take several days to get the App onto the iTunes App store.  We are hoping this will happen immediately and are pushing as hard as we can for a resolution.  Once agian, please bear with us we get things back to the way they were as fast as we can”

trickytcamgeek
Luminary
Luminary

If you had several cameras you used to be able to see them all one screen (e.g. on the large iPad Pro.).  Now after the latest App updates of 20 October and 23 October 2018 you can only see one camera at a time.  You have to scroll to each one.   If you are using Arlo as a security system, then that’s useless.  You can’t spend all day scrolling to check each camera.  You need to have a global vision of them all at the same time.

With the latest software releases 2.6.0 and 2.6.1 you can no longer “live view” on an iPad pro.  Streaming does not work.  The images are frozen from hours or days ago.  The quality of the images is also heavily degraded.  Very noticeable if you own the more expensive UHD quality cameras known as Arlo Pro2.

Important indicators that you need to see in real-time and at a glance, like the batter strength indicator, and wifi strength indicator have been moved to sub-menus.   You have to click through to see them.   Would you buy a car which hid the gas guage from you?

so far the Arlo team appear to be fairly apathetic about these issues.  They have had very weak responses like “working on it”.

This may go down in history as “How to destroy a brand”

trickytcamgeek
Luminary
Luminary

@dcaly22 wrote:

I cannot get the videos to play back in my arlo app, but they will play back on my windows computer.  I have not changed anything and it appears the firmware is up to do date.  I recently went from an iPhone 7 to the new 10s but believe this issue had already started before I changed phones.  Any ideas??

Everyone except the Arlo team seem to know this.   Best put it down to bad luck.   I really doubt they will resolve this.  If Arlo goes bust, I think it will be an expensive lesson for us all.

buddhah_au
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all
Since the latest update my iPhone xs stopped playing videos recorded on my old Arlo cameras. The videos from the arlo pro cameras all play.
Is there a fix to this problem?

kahnnico
Star
Star

Many thanks for your comment which I completely agree  !!!

thacksjj
Tutor
Tutor
Yes. The web browser works fine. The app has not been right since the latest update.
Fortress10
Star
Star

Can someone from Arlo management please take note.

The update from iOS app 2.5.5 to 2.6.0 and then 2.6.1 has been a disaster.

Both 2.6.0 and 2.6.1 updates have introduced live streaming issues - video refresh and no audio / audio cut off.

In addition, tech support is very inept.  When you explain that recorded video has audio (ie, the camera audio is working), that there were no issues with 2.5.5 and suddenly with 2.6.0 and 2.6.1 there are a ton of issues, it is obvious that something happened in the last release that created problems.

Then, having a tech person ask stupid questions, "how many camera's do you have" "have you tried toggleing the audio on the app (noting that I just explained the audio records fine on recorded video alerts)"

Please can you revert back to version 2.5.5, then try to perform a proper quality check the next release before you roll it out to the world.

thanks

kahnnico
Star
Star

I completely agree with you and it would be finally time to roll back the last 2 updates and that they manifest themselves !

Monkin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am seeing a lot of posts on this subject but no responses from Arlo.