Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Camera Will Not Sync With Base Station - Will Not Fast Flash Blue Light

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bm82
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera will not sync with base station - will not fast flash blue light. I have tried different batteries, deactivated and reactivated. Nothing seems to work. I have 4 other cameras that sync to base station fine, so it has to be the camera itself. Is there any way of forcing a firmware update,etc. ?  VMC3030 Camera

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

bm82,

Did this happen during a firmware update? I see you mention firmware. Have you tried a quick 1 sec press of the base station & a quick press of the camera? you can try and move the base station or your router further from each other. There may be some interference happening. Also, make sure the camera is as close as possible to the base station when syncing.

bm82
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera will not sync, meaning it will not work. The batteries allow the light to turn blue, then upon several attempts to sync to the base station, it will slowly blink orange, but will never sync. I have tried several batteries to make sure I had fresh ones. I have tried syncing next to the base station and also away from the base station. The only reason I mentioned "firmware" is that it is the only thing left I can think of. Is there a way to force an firmware upgrade when it won't even sync ?  So, that is why I am just trying to get it to sync. I am sitting here with a $100+ camera that is now useless.  Arlo/Netgear has provided "ZERO" support !!!

bm82
Aspirant
Aspirant

And yes, I have tried 1 second touch on the sync button and longer 3-5 second touches on the sync buttons. Still the same. I tried all of these things prior to posting...looking for an answer outside of the obvious...

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Slow amber blinking on the camera means weak batteries which will cause the sync to fail. Try a new set.