Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Dcoltsfan20
Follower
Follower

My model # doesn't appear in the model recommendation area but it is VMS3430-100NAS. I replaced my batteries in all my cameras two weeks ago and the one outside, in the front of my house, is showing low battery. The camera does not come in contact with any weather elements but is outside in the heat and the cold. However, it is summer and should not be showing any effects from weather. I'm very frustrated with the low battery life signals. It probably records a video for 10 seconds everyday when my mailmain comes but that is it. Should it be dying that quickly?

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No it should last longer with your low record rate... 

but it I would ask;

Does it have a good signal strength ?

Did it happen with the last set of batteries?

What is the cameras SW version?

Possible bad batteries? Are the other cams doing the same?

Easy thing to try is to swap one of the other cameras with the one in front. See if the problem follows the camera or is location.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
LifeIncome
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. Will try swapping cameras to see if that solves the problem.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LifeIncome,

Please let us know if swapping locations helped as this would indicate the location as the problem and not the hardware.

JamesC

nngnng
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am having the same problem. Batteries only last 1 months. Not good at all. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nngnng,

The batteries in your Arlo Wire-Free camera last for about four to six months with normal usage, which is about five minutes of recordings a day. How active is the affected camera?

Take a look at this article for tips on how to extend the battery life of your Arlo Wire-Free cameras: How can I extend my Arlo Wire-Free camera’s battery life?

JamesC

LifeIncome
Aspirant
Aspirant

Less than 2 minutes per day based on my media library recordings

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Live view also gets in there for the total amount of time as well as the connection to the base. A weak signal can cause the camera to have to struggle to maintain a connection.  One thing to try is to swap cameras around to see if it follows the camera or the position.