Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sbmorning
Aspirant
Aspirant

We bought the system for our home, but want to move it to a location at work for a few days to check on some objects being stolen.

At home it works great.  As soon as we move it to work, it stops working.

I have connected it to the network at work, the Basestation boots up, shows lights for power, internet and cameras synced but then when I log into my account I receieve this message:

Your base station is not connected to the Internet. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to your router.

Other devices on the router have internet access and the Basestation shows the green Internet light, but I am continually told in the Web Portal that the base station is not connected.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sbmorning,

Do you have any kind of anti-virus or anti-malware software running on your work computer? Some users have experienced issues when running software such as Bitdefender. Consider disabling any you may have to further isolate the issue. Are you able to log in when the system is set up at work through a mobile phone using a 4g/3g connection? 

JamesC

sbmorning
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have tried using a computer and using a mobile phone and an iPad.  All of them report the Base station is not connected to the internet.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat service are you using at work?  Is it one you own or provided by someone/thing else?  Workplace networks can be problematic due to security configuration.  If the router you access to get to the Internet has a configuration you don't or can't change, contact the provider to check if ports 80 and 443 are open to netgear.com.