Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Perrina
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, sorry can't find any info on this on the forums.

My question relates broadly to setting up multiple schedules. I have a situation whereby I would like, for example, cam A's schedule to be 18:00-08:00 and cam B's schedule to be 22:00-06:00 and 09:00-17:00.

I try to set this up by having a mode for each cam and then going into schedule and setting it up but it won't let me overlap the times... Any assistance would be very grateful. I'm using an iPhone by the way.

Regards
Kevin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Perrina wrote:
My question relates broadly to setting up multiple schedules. I have a situation whereby I would like, for example, cam A's schedule to be 18:00-08:00 and cam B's schedule to be 22:00-06:00 and 09:00-17:00.

I try to set this up by having a mode for each cam and then going into schedule and setting it up but it won't let me overlap the times... Any assistance would be very grateful. I'm using an iPhone by the way.

You'll have to set up a few modes first.  Mode 1 would include both cameras, Mode 2 would have only camera A and Mode 3 would have only camera B.

Now for the schedule.  SInce it's laid out starting at midnight at the top:

Mode 1 midnight-06:00

Mode 2 06:01-08:00

Mode 3 09:00-17:00

Mode 2 18:00-22:00

Mode 1 22:01-23:59

Two things to remember - 1) only one mode can be active at a time and 2) the schedule doesn't allow a time to start before and end after midnight, in other words, no wrap-around.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Perrina wrote:

You'll have to set up a few modes first.  Mode 1 would include both cameras, Mode 2 would have only camera A and Mode 3 would have only camera B.

Now for the schedule.  SInce it's laid out starting at midnight at the top:

Mode 1 midnight-06:00

Mode 2 06:01-08:00

Mode 3 09:00-17:00

Mode 2 18:00-22:00

Mode 1 22:01-23:59

Two things to remember - 1) only one mode can be active at a time and 2) the schedule doesn't allow a time to start before and end after midnight, in other words, no wrap-around.

Perrina
Aspirant
Aspirant
Clever! Thank you very much.
baylorfrawg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'd like to ask a follow up question on this topic if you don't mind.  

I have multiple cameras.  2 monitor the inside of the house, 2 monitor the outside of the house.  I would like to have the two that monitor the inside of the house set to the new Geofencing mode so that they activate/deactivate based on my leaving/entering the house.  I would like the two that monitor the outside of the house to be active per a set schedule.  I can't seem to have both these modes active at the same time because the mode selection is based on the hub , not the individual cameras.  True or false?

So, with that being said, can I use 2 hubs and have 1 hub managing the inside cameras and the second hub managing the outside cameras?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I believe your answer is the additional base.  That way the two sets of cameras are separated and can't be linked together for mode and rules.

msat
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to add more than one wireless cam to a mode. Am I missing something?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No, at this time they work separately

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Oops, Tom, he said wireless cameras.  Q cameras are separate.

To add additional wireless cameras to a mode, reedit the mode and use the Add Rule selection at the bottom.  Be sure to save.  Add more cameras one at a time the same way.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

got me... missread the statement

Morse is faster than texting!