Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo system has been working great for me. I have two homes in two adjoining counties, served by the same ISP.

My question is... I want to move my Arlo base station to my other residence so that I can monitor that one. I assume it is a simple matter of taking the router I use at "Residence One" as well as all my Arlo gear and plugging everything in at "Residence Two."  

I use an Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station (router) at both locations and I don't believe I can simply unplug the Arlo equipment and take it to "Residence Two" and plug it into the Apple Extreme Base Station that is already there. My suspicion is that the Arlo "reads" the router it is plugged into when the account is set up.

I'm hoping to do this soon and any tips that can be provided will be welcomed. 

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

to my knowlegde... yes, just move it  and plug in and turn on. The Arlo base uses a Dynamic IP.  It will get it from the new router as sensed.

Hopefully some one will confirm.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon N22Tango,

Yes, TomMac is exactly right! You should be able to simply un-install the Arlo system from Residence 1 and install in Residence 2 without any problems.

If that is not the case, the Arlo team would want to know all about it so we can investigate further! 🙂

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor

Yes. I simply pulled the Apple Extreme Router at "home one" and took everything with me to "home 2", swapped out the routers (just in case) and it worked out very well. 

kshill
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just wanted to clarify your steps for moving to a new house.  You suggest unistalling from house 1 then reinstalling at house 2.  If the system is set up at house 1 with a router, then it is diconnected from house 1... moved to house 2 and reconnected to a different router, will the reconnection be a simple power-up/plug and play type of set-up process?  I am hoping to run our initial set-up from our everyday home (U.S.), then bring it with us to our vacation home (Costa Rica) and simply reconnect everything and have it work properly.  Is this possible?

Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kshill,

Welcome to the community! As long as you meet the minimum requirements at the new location you should have no issues. You will be able to set up the system at the new location and log into your existing account. If you need any further clarification please ask!

JamesC

shawn1954
Aspirant
Aspirant

I moved my system to a new house, things worked fine there, i was able to see everything  from my iphone. now that I have gone back to my other home I cannot acess anything, when I try, message on all three phones say Your device appears offline, make sure it is connected to internet, I far as I know when I left house 2 4 hours ago everything was ok. Any thoughts  

shawn1954
Aspirant
Aspirant

Maybe there is a problem at my second house, won't know till next weekend.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sometimes a power outage, however brief, causes a loss of connectivity.  Shouldn't happen but does.  Use of an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) helps by allowing you to plug the modem, router and base into it to fly through outages.  A 750VA unit for ~$100 should last many hours.

If you can see the base in the app, you can try restarting it.

Dmburkhardt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I set Arlo up in one location and it worked fine.  Then I had my wife connect the base unit to a new router in another location and my cameras are saying they are off line ... Any suggestions

Dmburkhardt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I set up my arlo in one location and it worked fine.  When I moved and connected to a new router the cameras say they are off line

Any suggstions?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First make sure the LEDs ( from left ) are green for power and internet.

Then bring the cameras nearby and open and close the battery door... if they don't auto sync , you can try a normal re-sync of the camera.

If above fails, then go to SETTINGS and for each camera REMOVE DEVICE, then bring them back as if new.

Don't forget, its a QUICK press on the base station sync button( not a long hold)

Morse is faster than texting!