Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jgsouthard
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a free Basic account at my Mom's unoccupied house 2,000 miles away, with a base station and 5 original Arlo cameras. At my home, I have a different free Basic account with a base station and 5 original Arlo cameras. I own and control both accounts, and I've been monitoring my Mom's cameras from my account by sharing.

Today I just signed up for the Smart Premier plan for my home account, with the intention of continuing the plan. That plan supports up to 10 cameras with the Smart features.

What I want to do:  I want to MOVE my Mom's remote base station and 5 cameras to MY Smart Premier account so that I can get the Smart features on her cameras as well. But I need to do it in a way that doesn't require my presence at my Mom's house, which as noted is unoccupied and 2,000 miles away.

Can this be done? What would be the steps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Thanks....

As mentioned.. removing them isn't the issue.  As you say the trouble comes when adding back to your account.

Someone would have to log into your account there and then add the previously deleted base from your mom's account to yours.  ( and then sync the cameras and install same back to locations )  Someone would need to be at the remote location.

Since they are functional now with almost full control, sharing may be the answer for now.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, but TMK, unless someone there can sign into your account and delete the base/cams from mom's account , I don't hink it is possible remotely...

In all honesy , you may be better off "sharing" the cameras from mom's account to yours untill you get out there to swap over. ( or someone there that can follow directions , since they would needed to be removed from mom's account and moved to yours )

jgsouthard
Apprentice
Apprentice

I set up my Mom's account, so I can easily log in and delete the base station and cameras from that account. The question is whether I can re-add them to my account even though they are on another WiFi network 2,000 miles away. I have to be sure that it will work, because otherwise I could leave myself stranded with no security in that remote location.

My ideal scenario would be to add those devices to my local Arlo account, have it give me an error something like "I'm sorry, this device is already connected to this other account, would you like to move it to this account?", then have me say "Yes" and it would move it over. But I'm sure there are lots of reasons why it isn't that easy.

jgsouthard
Apprentice
Apprentice

By the way TomMac, I just wanted to thank you for the support you provide on this forum. I haven't been on in a while, but this forum would be of limited usefulness without your responses. When I  bought my first Arlo setup several years ago and was on the forum quite a bit, I learned quickly that your responses were the most authoritative and knowledgeable. It takes a lot of time to follow all of the responses on a  forum like this. Much appreciated!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Thanks....

As mentioned.. removing them isn't the issue.  As you say the trouble comes when adding back to your account.

Someone would have to log into your account there and then add the previously deleted base from your mom's account to yours.  ( and then sync the cameras and install same back to locations )  Someone would need to be at the remote location.

Since they are functional now with almost full control, sharing may be the answer for now.

jgsouthard
Apprentice
Apprentice

Got it, thanks. I was hoping that since they were already sync'd to that base station, there might be a way to remove them "in the cloud" while still retaining the physical sync, in effect moving just the base station and having the connected cameras follow it. If they have to be physically resync'd after moving the base station to another account, then of course I'll have to be there. The irritating thing (other than the constant false alerts from birds or cars) is that I was just there two weeks ago and could have moved them then, but Arlo Smart didn't get launched until after I left.

I knew it was a long shot, but I figured it was worth a confirmation.