Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
ArloNewbie
Follower
Follower

Will the white arm mounts shown in the video (not the magnetic balls) be part of the 2 camera package, or even available for purchase?

15 REPLIES 15
ArloTeam
Arlo Employee
Arlo Employee

Hello ArloNewbie,

Yes, there will be an accessory available for purchase (coming soon) as seen in the video. However, the Arlo camera can be mounted using a standard camera mount of your choosing.

Let us know if you find creative ways to mount your camera(s) outside!!

We look forward to hearing your stories!

Arlo Team

jyates15
Tutor
Tutor

Are the mount accessories going to use the magnetic mount, or will they offer the screw in camera mount to ensure the weather will not cause them to fall off the mount?

Dave804
Initiate
Initiate

When will the outdoor mounts like the ones in the video be available?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

<Let us know if you find creative ways to mount your camera(s) outside!>

I was trying to get some dusk/early morning pic of the local deer with the Arlo cam... was pleased to be able to attach the camera right to the metal post of my chain link fence ( with the internal magnetic ).

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
natalieb10
Guide
Guide

Hi Arlo Team, 

Any update on when the mounting accessory will be available? Thanks.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

natalieb10 wrote:

Hi Arlo Team, 

Any update on when the mounting accessory will be available? Thanks.

Ditto.

4vrnvr
Apprentice
Apprentice
ant
Mentor
Mentor

4vrnvr wrote:

April 1st for this one.

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Security-Adjustable-Outdoor-VMA1000-10000S/dp/B00TTLGHSK/ref=sr_1_4?ie...

Bah, over a month? Any other sources? However, I did find two/2 mounts from http://arlo.com/en-us/products/kit/VMS3230.aspx 's bottom right sections that go to http://arlo.com/en-us/products/add-on/vma1000.aspx ($19.99) and http://arlo.com/en-us/products/add-on/vma1100.aspx ($24.99). However, buying these add-ons resulted  "Page Not Found -- The page you requested could not be found or is no longer available..." errors. I assume those would also be ready on Fools' Day. 😞

What about third parties from local stores like Fry's Electronics, Best Buy, Costco, Walmart, Target, Office Depot, Staples, Office Max, Radio Shack, etc.?

Thank you in advance. 🙂

aussie_user
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Arlo Team,

When will the new mount be available to purchase instore in Australia? Amazon won't ship to our country.

Cheers

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

When will the new mount be available to purchase instore in Australia? Amazon won't ship to our country.

FYI, any standard threaded camera mount should work with  the Arlo cameras

bravoone
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera mount screws on the bottom of the camerasare not compatible. I can not get any tripod devise I have to attach more than 1/2 to 1 thread. This is not enough for the camera to securely attach!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's a 1/4-20 thread, standard issue for most cameras. I bought some cheap mounts from Amazon that fully thread into the camera. If you can only get 1 thread or less I'd use a thread chaser, tap and/or die to clean things up.

Bcowan1960
Tutor
Tutor
I used the magnetic ball and put a washer on a tripod bolt allen head. Went to Ace and bought small 16th inch cable, made a loop on each end with farrow. Attach one end to branch other to bottom of camera with bolt and washer.
miroH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any photos? I would love to see it.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

love ouside the box thinking,  kudo