Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion sensor over active

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
grdailey
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed an Arlo system with five (5) cameras.  The system works well and I have no problem making adjustments.  One of my cameras sends several hundred alerts each hour.  I have adjusted the sensitivity down to "zero" and in fact had to turn it off because of the problem.  I have cheded every possible condition; animals, moving objects on my deck, things that may be blown by wind etc.  There is nothing on my deck and the problem continues both night and day.  I do not want to turn the camera off because I need the coverage in that area.  Is there any way to test the camera to see if it is faulty?  I cannot lower the sensitivity any further and the alerts continue to come.  I need suggestion quickly!

3 REPLIES 3
manfredz
Hero
Hero

is it feasible to move one of your other cams to same location to see if it will then too record like crazy and put the crazy cam in its location to see if number of recordings drop?

Scorpiodsu
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is actually an issue alot of people are seeing with some cameras.  I had the issue with 1 of my 4 pack.  Google "Arlo Pro Motion Detection issues" and you'll come across a lot of threads, many on this site.  One below for you. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-Pro-Motion-Detection-every-minute/td-p/1222897

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

grdailey wrote:

I installed an Arlo system with five (5) cameras.  The system works well and I have no problem making adjustments.  One of my cameras sends several hundred alerts each hour.  I have adjusted the sensitivity down to "zero" and in fact had to turn it off because of the problem.  I have cheded every possible condition; animals, moving objects on my deck, things that may be blown by wind etc.  There is nothing on my deck and the problem continues both night and day.  I do not want to turn the camera off because I need the coverage in that area.  Is there any way to test the camera to see if it is faulty?  I cannot lower the sensitivity any further and the alerts continue to come.  I need suggestion quickly!

First , reset the camera by opening the battery door....

Then go to SETTINGS and REMOVE DEVICE ( this will reset all rules to default )

Power cycle the base with the off-on button , let it come back online

Bring back camera as new ( resync ) .

If the issue continues, then as mentioned, swap the camera's location with one working to make sure the issue follows the camera...

If it does , contact Netgear Support for maybe warranty

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------