Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
ArloJohnW
Tutor
Tutor

Ive had my Arlo cameras for a year now, working just fine. In the last two days the motion detection alert and record mode has stopped working. It still shows as set up in the iphone app, Ive tested the motion detection of each camera and the LED light show that it works, but yet I can walk back and forth in front of any of the three cameras and it wont alert me or start recording anymore. 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my iPhone....no change. This is just the last two days that this has happened.  I did update my iPhone to 10.0.2 last week, but the Arlo worked fine for a few days after that.  

I'm able to live view my cameras just fine, test each camera's motion detection just fine, it just doesn't want to follow the alert and record settings in the mode anymore. I've deleted and recreated the rule and still nothing.

Is there a bug that I should be aware of? What else do you recommend doing to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The app has nothing to do with detection and recording. It's just an interface. I'd try power cycling the base and may e opening and closing the battery doors. Note the LEDs on the base before and after any restarts. You should have 3 green LEDs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The app has nothing to do with detection and recording. It's just an interface. I'd try power cycling the base and may e opening and closing the battery doors. Note the LEDs on the base before and after any restarts. You should have 3 green LEDs.

ArloJohnW
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the fast reply, I'll try that when I get home and report back...

ArloJohnW
Tutor
Tutor

That worked!  All set, thanks!

bartman88
Aspirant
Aspirant

All of a sudden the alerts and recording just stopped after trying to adjust a few settings in the cameras. I finally figured it out to be in the length of time I set the cameras to record. I had changed from the default 5s to 20s. Once I went back and changed to the default of 5s the cameras starting performing properly again. Why did that happen?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Two odd things here. 1) There should not be a 5 second setting (only down to 10) and 2) it shouldn't affect notifications. If you're really seeing 5 seconds, perhaps that symptom is also part of the notification issue. Power cycle your base and see if that fixes things.