Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DBlount
Tutor
Tutor
I own the original basic Arlo cameras and the recent App revision is TERRIBLE.
Videos are recorded but cannot be paused without pressing twice and if you press too fast it zooms in. They eliminated basic pause and play options during replay.
2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DBlount,

To pause a clip, only one tap is necessary. Try tapping just once and see if you experience the same behavior.

JamesC

DBlount
Tutor
Tutor
This is not the case. When I play recorded videos and press once on the clip, an momentary icon of a pause button appears and I have to tap it again to pause, it does not pause with a single tap. The icon is only momentary so I have to press again before it disappears - meanwhile the playback continues and I've missed the part I wanted to pause.
I am required to tap, then tap the pause button when it appears and if you tap too fast it zooms.
I use this camera for security and the functionality of pause and zoom I enjoyed before (within the app) is gone. The attachment below is the view I get when the clip is tapped one time but the video does NOT stop running until i tap pause, which is what I was referring to when I said you need to tap twice.
This can't possibly be considered an upgrade.