Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Modes and schedules

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cooper03
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm trying to set up two differnt cameras using differnt modes; frontyard day and backyard day.  What I'm having a problem with is that I want both of them to be on an monitor motion from 8 -4 Monday thru Friday at the same time but in the schedule it won't work as one mode overrides the other.  Is ther something that I'm missing?

Thanks,

Coop

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

cooper03 wrote:

I'm trying to set up two differnt cameras using differnt modes; frontyard day and backyard day.  What I'm having a problem with is that I want both of them to be on an monitor motion from 8 -4 Monday thru Friday at the same time but in the schedule it won't work as one mode overrides the other.  Is ther something that I'm missing?

Thanks,

Coop

Your default modes are ARMED ( all on ) and DISARMED ( all off )

If you have two cameras you should prob have two additonal modes CAM A, and CAM B (so you can have either on or both on, those are prob your Backyard, Frontyard ) but not needed for what you want.

So just schedule ARMED on fro the times of 8 am to 4 pm and both cams will be active for motion record.

And to remember

Only one mode runs at a time,

any camera not in the mode is OFF,

to schedule thru midnight break it into two parts; up to midnight and pickup next day at 1201.

good reading --- https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-create-and-define-Modes-and-Rules/ta-p...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

cooper03 wrote:

Thanks,

Coop

Your default modes are ARMED ( all on ) and DISARMED ( all off )

If you have two cameras you should prob have two additonal modes CAM A, and CAM B (so you can have either on or both on, those are prob your Backyard, Frontyard ) but not needed for what you want.

So just schedule ARMED on fro the times of 8 am to 4 pm and both cams will be active for motion record.

And to remember

Only one mode runs at a time,

any camera not in the mode is OFF,

to schedule thru midnight break it into two parts; up to midnight and pickup next day at 1201.

good reading --- https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-create-and-define-Modes-and-Rules/ta-p...

Morse is faster than texting!
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

cooper03 wrote:

Your mode has to contain rules for both cameras, since you want them to both be armed at the same time.

You should create a new (custom) mode if you haven't already. Create two rules in it, one for each camera, then schedule that mode in the Schedule section, activate the Schedule and you're all set.

cooper03
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the information and the quick response!

cooper03
Aspirant
Aspirant

What's very interesting is that I have all of my Wemo lights going through smart things and everything is working properly.  I didn't like two schedules as that's a band aid fix and not going after root cause...  I now have a very good idea that's it's firmware issue with the wemo switch...