Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Model numbers info

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
LeonBall
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a table that lists the H (hardware) codes shown on device info with arlo camera model names?

6 REPLIES 6
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The hardware info is related to the manufacturer detail and not to the model of equipment.

The serial number can be cross referenced but not in the public domain. PM a moderator.

The simple method is to remove the battery if possible and look inside the compartment for the label. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DannyBearAgain wrote:

The hardware info is related to the manufacturer detail and not to the model of equipment.

@LeonBall : to restate this a bit more simply - several camera models share the same H numbers, so that generally can't be used to identify the camera model.  

The cameras with housings that open all have a label inside (as @DannyBearAgain says, you need to remove the battery to see it).  The Essential cameras w/o removable batteries do have the camera model in fine print in the area where the sync button and power connector is.  All Arlo camera models start with VMC.

Clisson
Initiate
Initiate

How is taking the camera apart simple?  What would be simple is seeing the model number in the device info on the app.   

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@Clisson ,

Arlo has since provided the device model details in the support page of the app. Quickest fix, would have been better in the camera settings info.

Chanel55
Star
Star

I have been trying to find a list too or some way to figure this out short of pulling apart my cameras.  I have 19 cameras starting with the Arlo Pro 2.  What a PIA to have to take each camera apart to figure out the model. SOOOOOOO annoying.  Why is this not available on the app or in my online account?

Chanel55
Star
Star

Just found this in the Camera End of Life policy:

*To find your model number go to the Arlo Secure App > Settings > Support Center > Click on specific camera >
Scroll down to Details section to view product model number.