Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Owlman
Initiate
Initiate

Two camera system worked fine for a couple of months. Today, when I got home from work, I turned motion detection off, and it has somehow turned itself back on.

When I log into my account with an iPad or iPhone, the Mode icon has disappeared. The Camera, Library, and Settings icons remain. Pressing the Camera icon does not access the camera displays, only a gray screen. The Library icon works normally, allowing me to access and watch previously recorded videos. Pressing the Settings icon allows me to access Subscription, Personal Information, Friends, and Preferences settings, but pressing Camera Order yields only a gray screen.

I currently cannot turn motion detection off or watch live video. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Try logging in via the Web UI (https://arlo.netgear.com). The apps (both iOS and Android) are known to be buggy and exhibit unpredictable behavior sometimes. Netgear is working on app updates.

Owlman
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for the suggestion.  Logging in with a Windows PC yields the same problem:

No Mode icon.

Clicking Camera icon yields a "How to Snych a Camera" message.

Library icon works normally, allowing me to access and watch old recorded video segments.

Clicking Settings/Camera Order yields a "No Cameras" message.

The "How to Synch a Camera" and "No Cameras" messages are helpful and did not display when I accessed the account from iOS devices.

I think reset base station and resynch cameras is the next step.  Any suggestions still welcome.

Dazza563
Initiate
Initiate
Quite worrying that this is still happening!! What is Netgear doing about it?
KLG
Tutor
Tutor

I have the two camera system in my home.  On my iPad I have a "mode" setting option through which I access the "all motion on" through which I access video record features.  I have a "mode" setting on my android cell phone as well through which I access "all motion on" and set record features.

I just purchased a new one camera system for my cabin.  Set up worked fine.  However, the app I downloaded on my iPhone has no "mode" setting.  Therefore, I can't access "all motion on" and set record rules.

I want my wife to be able to access the cabin Arlo camera through her iPhone.  Any suggestions on how to get the "mode" setting on the iPhone?  Should I delete the Arlo app I have on the iPhone and try downloading the app again?  

Thanks.......

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KLG,

You should see this setting next to Cameras, Library and Settings across the bottom of the app screen. Take a look at this article as there are some screenshots that will help guide you to editing modes on iOS: How can I set an Arlo camera schedule using an iOS app?

If you are still having issues, consider reinstalling the app and make sure your phone is update to date with the latest version of iOS. 

JamesC

KLG
Tutor
Tutor

Hello....

I downloaded the Arlo app for iPhone 2 days ago.  It did not have the "MODE" tab!  Therefore, I could not set rules for recording.  Now, two days later, after turning phone on and off, "suddenly the mode tab appeared".  I did not delete then reinstall the app.

The problem seems to have self corrected!  Thanks....Ken.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Woohoo!  Sounds like there was some interaction between the app and phone that the phone restart fixed.  It would be anyone's guess as to why..